Chapter 23: Experiment

Ok guys, so this chapter and the chapters in the future are where things will go from normal to insane!!! Basically, I have this plan for Flip and Logan, but I actually took a scene from Deadpool and incorporated it into this chapter, so I hope you like it. 

Flip's POV*

I startle awake, seeing myself handcuffed to a gurney-like bed in a dark cell. I looked around, seeing Logan also awake, also handcuffed to a gurney-like bed in the same cell as me. "Logan, what's going on?" I questioned as I struggled against the restraints, but couldn't get out.

"I don't know." Logan said as I finally got a good look at him. He has dark bags under his eyes as he is sickly pale.

"Logan, you look terrible." I said to him, concern in my voice.

"Well, I bet you look as bad as me, then." He joked, chuckling before letting out a cough. "Where are we?" he asked.

"I don't know." I said, looking around. "How long have we been out for?" I then asked him. 

"Don't know. It could be hours, days, weeks. Who knows." he told me as we heard something open. We looked over, seeing the man who kidnapped us from the Bronx's hideout.

"My name is Doctor Ryan Hartfield and I would like to welcome both of you, Cora Jones and Logan Myers, to the Infiniti Complex." Dr. Hartfield said to the two of us as Logan and I looked at each other.

"You need to let us go! I need to protect my boys!" I shouted, pulling on the restraints again.

"Your...boys?" Dr. Hartfield questioned.

"I'm the leader of the Manhattan Newsies! We're under attack from the Bronx! Let me go, I need to help my boys!" I shouted as Dr. Hartfield just stood there.

"Oh, I'm sorry but I can't let you two go." He said to us.

"You kidnapped us. You will pay for this." Logan said, glaring.

"I would watch your mouth, boy, or you won't be going anywhere." Dr. Hartfield said to Logan.

"Logan, stand down." I told him as he quieted down. "Why did you kidnap us?" I questioned.

"I have been watching you two for a long time, now. I just had to wait for the right moment to swoop in and take you two." Dr. Hartfield told us.

"Take us? You're crazy!" I exclaimed.

"No one was getting you out so I did." Dr. Hartfield said, walking up to us as he wrote something down on a clipboard. 

"We were getting out. Skittery and Mush were there!" I exclaimed as Dr. Hartfield looked at us.

"And they're both safe and sound back in Manhattan." Dr. Hartfield told me as he walked over to Logan and me.

"What do you want with us?" Logan asked him.

"As I said before, I have been watching you two for quite some time now. " Dr. Hartfield told us as Logan and I just looked at him, confused. "You both have been chosen to participate in Operation: PWR." he clarified as we both still looked at him, confused. 

"Huh?" I questioned, not understanding a word he just said. "I'm a Newsie. I don't have a clue on what you just said." I said as he sighed.

"Never mind." Dr. Hartfield muttered as four guys in white lab coats walked in.

"Take Mr. Myers to Room 3 and Ms. Jones to Room 7. Start trials on both of them." Dr. Hartfield said to the four men as they nodded. Two of them walked over to me, grabbing the gurney, pushing it out of the room as I was still fighting to get out. I was wheeled down a corridor, going into a room and was left there all by myself. 

"I'm going to die. I'm never going to see my boys again. I'll never be able to go back home. I'll never be able to see Spot again." I muttered, tears running down my cheeks as a woman walked into my room.

"I was in your spot a few years ago." She said, putting an IV into my arm.

"What was that?" I asked her, referring to the IV.

"The fluid acts as an accelerant for your injections." She said as I looked at her funny.

"This isn't real." I muttered as I closed my eyes again. "Who even are you?" I asked, looking at her again.

"I'm going to be the person overseeing your trials. My name is Alecia Bernard." She said to me.

"Flip." I said to her.

"I thought your name is Cora?" she questioned.

"It is, but my Newsie name is Flip. Named by Skittery and Kid Blink myself." I said, smirking as Dr. Hartfield walked in.

"Ms. Bernard, does Ms. Jones have the IV?" Dr. Hartfield asked her.

"Yes sir." Alecia said to him as he nodded.

"Good. Prep her for Trial One." Dr. Hartfield said, walking back out.

"You're lucky. I had to go through my trials alone. At least you're going through them with Logan Myers. He your boyfriend? You two came in together." Alecia asked me as I shook my head.

"No. He's my sister's second-in-command. Besides I'm Spot Conlon's girlfriend." I said to her as she just nodded.

"Well...good luck, Flip." Alecia said to me as the two guys from before walked in, taking me out of the handcuffs and that's when I realized I wasn't in my Newsies clothes. I was in all black and my hair was braided. The two guys escorted me to another room, handcuffing me to another gurney-like bed. The two men then left me alone as another guy in a lab coat walked in, and may I say, this guy looks like he means business.

"Who the hell are you?" I questioned, looking at him.

"Ms. Jones, my name is Bates. I manage the Complex." Bates started, shining a red light into my eyes before turning it off. "My welcome speech used to be full of euphemisms like you may feel some discomfort. But I've grown blunt." Bates started as he unsheathed another IV needle. "The Workshop is not a government program. It's a private institution tasked with turning reclamation projects like you and Mr. Myers into men and women of extraordinary abilities. If you think this is given painlessly, you're wrong." Bates said to me as he pressed the IV needle against my skin, not enough to break the skin. Finally, he pushed the IV into my vein in my arm as I flinched, wincing in pain. I watched as the tube the IV is connected to being filled with a blue fluid, then Bates injected a yellow fluid into the blue. "We're injecting you with another serum that will accelerate the process. For it to work, we need to subject you to extreme stress." Bates told me as the fluids flowed through my skin, my veins glowing faintly.

"This is crazy." I muttered to myself. 

If you've seen Deadpool, I think y'all know what's going to happen to Logan and Flip. Please bear with me. lol. Anyway, please comment and vote!

StarWarrior...signing off!