Arrival

"You should be so excited!" McKenzie babbled. Karlä was doing everything to hold it in. Having listened to her best friends non stop chatter for the past two hours on this flight, the teen was on the verge of a meltdown. " After all many girls fail to make it to the national-" Karlä had enough. "Look," she turned around frustration no longer bottled up. "I don't think many of these girls are gonna be reunited with a sibling they left for no reason?" Karlä continued to explode. "You know what? I'm actually starting to wish I rejected it!" Before her best friend could butt in Karlä added "My personal life comes before the pitch."
The rest of the flight was silent. The goodbyes were awkward which Karlä regretted. She then took a taxi to the training base in Denver. Fuck , Karlä remembered, this is my home place.
After thanking and paying the driver, Karlä took her suitcase out and headed off to the hotel.

Karlä was greeted  by who she recognised was Dawn. The trainer then instantly led her to Coach Vlatko Andonovski's office.
Vlatko instantly stuck a hand out and Karlä instantly accepted it. "So." He started once they sat down. "I heard you're related to a certain Pugh." Nervously Karlä nodded her head. Andonovski continued. "If you are anything like her, you should be fine." He then got out keys. "Speaking of Mallory, you're rooming with her."
                UM WHAT?
Karlä's head was spinning with emotions. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat "Is there not like someone else? It's a bit..." Vlatko frowned. "Well she specifically requested to room with you." Karlä was really struggling to get her head around it. "Oh...ok."
Now she really couldn't avoid her.
Vlatko smiled. "Well," He  handed over the keys "enjoy the rest of your evening and see you tomorrow!"
Karlä looked at the number on her key- 2 . She sighed. Of course. It was just the 2 of them.
After checking the door was locked, Karlä opened it and saw...no one. Too tired to unpack, she got out her phone and scrolled through social media. Karlä followed her sister and saw she recently posted a picture of herself, Lindsey Horan and Rose Lavelle at a nearby café. When Karlä scrolled through her sisters social media, it was just weird. It didn't seem in any way, they knew each other.
Suddenly the handle twisted and the door opened. "Oh my fucking God."