The dream

AUTHORS NOTE: I'm not really going to be focusing that much on Karlä's club career unless you want me to!

Much to her shock, Karlä found out she had been selected for friendlies against Guatemala and Mexico.
Unlike her sister, Karlä completely skipped college and opted to sign for Orlando Pride. There were players she knew from the set up like Krashlyn and the recently joined Emily Sonnett so she felt comfortable around them and they helped her transition (relatively) smoothly.

Karlä was seriously contemplating rejecting the call-up. Constantly in two minds about it though, she decided to call McKenzie.

K:Hey Kenzie!
M:Hey!

Karlä winced, knowing she was about to tear down her friends good mood.

K:Don't want to bother you, just a quick question
M:Sure!
K: I think I should reject the call-up
M: What? Why?
K: I can't face Mal, Kenzie
M: Why not? You guys were getting on well

Karlä winced. She had forgotten to mention their phone call.

K: Yeah but...she knows about the trial and it's gonna be awkward
M: If you reject it Karlä, that's gonna be even more awkward

After an awkward silence, McKenzie spoke up again.

M: Look at the end of the day Pughy, it's your choice. I just don't think something like this should cloud your dream after all the shit you've been through
K: Cheers Kenzie. I mean it.
M: No problem! Bye!

After hanging up, Karlä groaned. Just how was she going to explain her troubles?

Camp came around. Unfortunately very soon it felt like for Karlä. At least I won't be rooming with Mal, she thought. Oh how wrong she was.
Initially given Ali as her roommate, the defender had swapped with Karlä's sister to be with Ash.
Too tired to deal with the drama, Karlä collapsed onto her bed as soon as she got in and within 30 winks, she went into a deep sleep.

Karlä opened her eyes. Everything was...blurry. She heard crying. Wait...what? Karlä looked down. To see a baby. In her arms. He had a mixed complexion with brown floppy curls and bright green eyes which reminded her of...
He was here. Casually whistling, Cohen smiled when he saw Karlä. Like a genuine smile. Not the smirks that she dreaded. "You've finally had our child." Karlä was confused.
" I don't want your child." She expected Cohen to be angry. Instead, he just opened his mouth.
"Please Cohen, leave me alone!" The man appeared shocked with the only words coming out his mouth were "Karlä."
"No!" Karlä was hysterical. "Not your baby as well!"
Now Cohen was...worried.
"Karlä!" He was yelling. "Karlä!"
Wait this wasn't his voice...

"KARLÄ!" Shooting up, Karlä could see a concerned...Dawn? And a very worried Mal.
Before they could ask if she was ok, Karlä mumbled "I need the bathroom." Before brushing past them to vomit in the bathroom sink.