A revealing phonecall

Sam leaned back. She had one planned for just anyone. Speaking up she said "You have to call the last person you've called and have a normal conversation." No one else was that impressed. "Surely you can come up with a better one Mewy." Emily teased. Karlä reluctantly hit on McKenzie's contact. As the phone rang, she silently begged for her best friend to not pick up. However things didn't go her way. "Hello?" McKenzie's bubbly voice appeared. Karlä sighed, for once not happy to hear her. "Hey." McKenzie instantly burst into life. "Oh hey Pughy!" Karlä winced at the nickname. McKenzie instantly got to business. "Look I know you're probably busy but there's something serious to tell you now that I remember." Karlä could feel the whole teams eyes on her. "Yeah?" She anxiously asked. McKenzie nearly sighed. "They want to move the court date forward."
Karlä knew the best thing to do was to ignore her whole team being here. "To when?" please don't be on a match day . McKenzie was blunt. "Next week. On Tuesday I'm sure." Karlä nodded although she couldn't be seen. "Well that's not bad." McKenzie wasn't done though. "Aren't you anxious?" Karlä hesitated. She wanted the call to end now. "I...guess." McKenzie now couldn't stop babbling. "I mean I would be too if I had to testify against someone like him." Karlä was now trying to end the call but the screen had frozen. McKenzie's voice hadn't. "Like you should've broken up with him sooner." This had went too far already. "McKenzie I'm busy so..." this hadn't shut her up. "He treated you so badly I don't know how you stuck with that." Face flushing, Karlä hastily said "I need to go now." McKenzie sounded disappointed. "Well bye then!" After that, Karlä turned to her shocked teammates.