Abortion

Karlä was nervous. In just a couple of minutes, she was going to be wheeled into the surgery to get her abortion done. Karlä knew a lot of people who would be against this. Cohen included.
Mal was there, stroking her hair and doing everything to distract her sister. This wasn't ideal but both of them knew that Karlä couldn't cope carrying a kid and bringing it into this world.
How could she have a kid anyway, knowing who the father is?
Suddenly, the bed started to move. So did Mal thankfully. As they were entering the surgery, Karlä's older sister whispered "You got this." Before suddenly departing.

If Karlä was nervous before, she was terrified now. She had no idea about the process. Well, she probably was told but her mind was too occupied.
Would Mal tell their teammates? Their family ?
This was all too much for her. Just then Karlä's thoughts were interrupted by a voice.
"Ok, so we're going to start the procedure now." Dr. Martins looked at Karlä. "I assume you understand what's going to take place?"
Even though it was late, Karlä shook her head. She had been so preoccupied with her worries that Karlä didn't listen to Dr.Martins original explanation. However her gynaecologist was more than happy to share the steps behind the procedure again.
They were going to give Karlä general anaesthetic (on her request) to send her to sleep before injecting the cervix and numbing it. They will then use a suction that goes through the cervix and into the womb, removing the pregnancy.
On the count of three, Karlä watched the team put a syringe into her arm and inject her with the anaesthetic. At first the teen didn't feel anything before getting gradually and gradually sleepier.