What do you want?

The worst scenario for Karlä had happened. Just as she was about to reply she heard the oh-so familiar voice of her ex. "Where the fuck is she?" Cohen angrily demanded, presumably to the receptionist, Batty or both.
Both replied, scrambling for something to avoid his wrath as much as possible. Karlä knew how they felt. She was in that position far too many times.
In their sight was a side door and Karlä gestured to Randy to follow her out it.
They had barley stepped outside when they heard "Boss! There she is!"

Not even exchanging a glance, Randy and Karlä rushed to his car before the baseball player sped out the parking lot. When they were on the motorway, both of them looked into the rear mirror and saw a black Range Rover with a recognisable license plate behind them.
"Where are we going?" Karlä was near hysterical and it wasn't impossible to see why. "My apartment. I'll get rid of them." Randy assured her.
Taking a long route, the duo eventually arrived. Karlä alongside Randy checked for any trail of Batty or Cohen and when they were assured that there wasn't any, Karlä got out her phone to text Mal and tell her they were "safe" who instantly replied telling her that they had called the police.

The apartment had changed from when Karlä had last been in it. The floor was clean with little trace of drugs or any equipment to do with it. Multiple trophies and accolades to do with Baseball sat on wooden shelves that Karlä didn't remember seeing. "Are you clean?" She asked. Randy stopped in his tracks, before turning to face her. "Kind of. It's quite hard to fully kick it." Karlä nodded. "You didn't try going cold turkey did you?"
Randy winced. "I did. Obviously it didn't work. I don't get who would recommend it." He gestured to the bathroom. "Spent quite a while in there." This got a smile out of Karlä.
"I've had...still got a problem to be fair." Randy raised both eyebrows. "With drugs?" This took Karlä back. "A wee bit..." it was her turn to wince. "I've also struggled a bit with Bulimia. I was diagnosed last year."
A silence followed. "Karz?" Karlä turned to face Randy anxiously. "Yes?" The fellow teen gave a nervous chuckle. "You know I'd never judge right?" He then nudged Karlä. "It seems we're both still fighting demons."
Karlä nodded. "I've not told any of them." She whispered quietly. "They'd think it's because of Cohen."
"Isn't it?"
Karlä's focus was now away from Randy. "I've.. I mean I've always had image issues I guess. Before he came along. Not that he helped. I don't really remember a day where he didn't shame me in such way to be honest."
"Why did you stay?"
Karlä angrily turned around to face Randy again. "You can't just leave you know?! I hate when people who haven't been in your shoes tell you what you should've done. So Randy, if I leave where will I go? Back to you? He'd know where I went. Back to my family? Why would they take me back? The only time I'd ever have left him was if he was going to kill me and he was Randy, he was."

The rant caught them both out.
Karlä looked away as Randy shuffled to lean on his bed. "It's ok to rant." He told her after a period of time.
Karlä was about to reply when she heard her phone go off.

Mass break from Colorado prison has resulted in nearly 200 prisoners escaping

" Well shit," murmured Randy as he peeped over her shoulder. "So he went all the way from Colorado to Atlanta to see you?"
Karlä gulped. Cohen seemed committed to finding her. He's not gonna give up Karlä's thoughts were haunting her .

Just then Karlä's phone went off again.
Hey Pughy! It's your fav 😉

Fingers trembling she typed back:
Who the fuck are you?

To her surprise, an instant response came.
Did you honestly not save my name on your contacts?

No
Karlä had no idea who this could be although she got a nasty surprise:

It's your "boyfriend"

Karlä gasped and Randy looked up. Shaking her head, she urged him to go back to what he was doing.

What do you want?

The teasing had started.
Hey there's no need to be so mean to me is there?

Karlä needed to get straight to the point.

What is it that you want from me?

It was just one word yet it still scared her.

You

Chills down her back, Karlä sent, what she thought, was a brave message.

Can't you leave me alone? I want nothing to do with you Cohen. Please. I beg you.

Cohen was still playing his games.
You're quite cute when you beg. Missed that tbh

Karlä rolled her eyes.
So you can't leave me alone?

This time however, Cohen didn't have an answer until nearly 15 minutes later during that time, Karlä contemplated telling her conversation to someone.  Then her phone went off and Karlä picked it up gingerly.

Maybe. Tell you what. I will. I've gotten bored of you anyway. But I need something from you.

Karlä was annoyed.
What?

Cohen seemed to have something in mind.

Meet me. One last time. Just us. That's all I want.

Surprisingly, Karlä had to stifle her dry chuckle.
Are you serious? So you can kill me?

A creepy message popped up.
You know I'll reach you another way

Karlä sighed before popping down her phone. He was right. People like Cohen Carlson never gave up. Not on their own terms at least. So what was Karlä gonna do? Ignore Cohen and prayed he had a change of heart or obey his wish one last time and meet him?

AUTHORS NOTE: Well I've just been excluded from high school again so I'll have a lot more free time I guess 🙄
Anyway thanks for all your support! Love you all loads and let me know if you have any idea/suggestions!!