Chapter 14

(Still Mari POV)

"WAKE UP MARINETTE!! YOU'RE GUNNA BE FUCKING LATE!!"

Yeah. That's exactly how I was waken up. They both jumped on me as if they didn't weigh a single gram.

But they were right. It was Christmas. And the gala was today. As I started to wake up more, I could smell bacon and eggs being cooked along with something else that I couldn't quite put my finger on. All I knew was that it smelt sweet.

"Ugh what time is it?"

"5am." They said ever so casually.

"Woooooow. So you guys woke me up early for no reason."

"No Auntie told us to wake you up so you could eat and we can all get ready. She's making eggs and bacon and Uncle's making cookies." So that's what the sweet smell was.

"Your dad makes the best cookies Mari!"

I woke up and washed my face. I brushed my teeth and my hair and went down in my pyjamas because I would've had to get ready for the gala anyway so I didn't need to wear other clothes.

We went down and I was immediately ambushed by Mason. "MERRY CHRISTMAS SIS!!"  I screamed and I would've fell onto the floor if he hadn't caught me.

"I don't know what your problem is but you seriously need to figure it out." I said with a laugh. I caught Thomas looking at me a few times but I overlooked it. We all said Merry Christmas to my parents and to each other as well as Hiram and Jennifer.

Everything was going fine up until Kagami came downstairs. "Good morning and Merry Christmas." She said with a warm smile. She was smiling at me too. With no disgust, hatred or anger. I replied to her and with the same attitude and for that moment everything felt right.

I felt the cousin relationship between us. We were actually having fun. But then there was this part of me that knew this was only going to last one day. And this day I tried to make the  most of it.

"Mum we're going to get ready for the gala okay?"

"Yes thats fine hun. Make sure you're ready by 6pm."

We went to my room but not to get ready. We watched a Christmas movie, played some games and talked. Me and Kagami got along so well. It's like Christmas changed us completely. By the time we finished it was 13:00. And that's when all the stylists came through my door.

My outfit:

Alya: