Chapter 19

I whipped out my phone from my small purse and dialled Grandpa Fu's number.

"Hello Marinette. What's wrong?"

"Hello Grandpa. Nothing's wrong. I just wanted to ask something of you."

"Okay. Go ahead."

Hesitantly, I spoke up. "I want you to research Adrien's family."

"Isn't there Wikipedia for that?"

"No that's not convenient for the type of information I want to find out. You see, I don't think Samantha Agreste is Adrien's mother. I wanna find out what happened to her. Please can you do this for me?"

He sighed. "Fine. But only because you're asking."

"Oh my god! Thank you so much."

"But Marinette, what are you planning to do with the information once you get it?"

The question made my mind go blank. I thought for a minute. What AM I going to do with it? Shall I tell Adrien?

"-nette. Marinette. MARINETTE ARE YOU THERE?"

I was snapped out of my daze. "Huh. Oh. I don't really know. But please at least try and find out."

"Fine. I'll try. Have a good day Marinette."

"Thank you. You too Grandpa."

I hung up and put my phone on the dressing table. I sat down on the chair and put my head down. Sighing, I massaged my head with my arm. Just then, there was a knock at the door. Assuming it was Adrien, I shouted, "Come in!"

"Hey Adrien. Your back early. Don't you have a key?" I waited for an answer but I didn't get one. I put my head up in confusion and my eyes widened at the sight in front of me. I pinched myself to see if I was just seeing some nightmare but he was still there. Jace Anderson was still there with his shit eating half grin, half smirk.

"Adrien Huh? You know you can do much better than that sweetheart."

"What do you want?" I shot him a glare and he inched towards me.

"Hmmmm. There's a lot of things. But right now, I want you. Why don't we finish what we started some years ago?"

"Years ago I was weak. Now I'm stronger. And I didn't start it, you forced it on me. So don't go chatting shit to my face."

"Hmmmm feisty. You really turn me on when you act like that. Let's make a deal, you let me have you and I'll leave you alone."

"I would NEVER give myself to you. Ever. So don't even assume that I'm like the hundreds of girls you raped."

"Aw. You're so cute. You see, I didn't rape them, they wanted it. So where do we go from here?"

"Listen, just get the fuck out Jace."

"Fine. After I have you." He backed me up into the bathroom and shut the door. He then backed me up against the wall and slammed his hand next to my face. Trying to make eye contact, he moved his head down to become level with my face. He leaned in to kiss me and I had to stand still so I could to what I needed to. Just as his lips were about to touch mine I kicked him in the balls and he backed up. Taking the chance, I punched his jaw and he fell onto the floor.

"Damn you're weak."

"You messed with the wrong person bitch."

He came at me and slapped me in the face. I fell onto the ground and he hovered above me. I raised my knee to kick him in the stomach and then pretended to punch his face. While he was distracted, I kicked him behind his knee, causing him to fall to the ground. Mercilessly, I punched his nose, face and jaw. He was knocked out on the second punch.

"You've got a glass jaw. You're weaker than me when you first tried to get me."

I was about to punch him again, just for my own satisfaction, when I heard the door unlock and three people laughing. I instantly knew it was Alya, Nino and Adrien.

"Alright boys, I'm going to the toilet. I'll be back."

I was going to move but then Alya opened the door and a loud gasp could be heard.

"Oh my god. Marinette are you okay?" She ran to me and hugged me. "Girl I'm sorry I wasn't here."

"It's fine Alya." I think the boys heard because they came running and their eyes opened wide when they saw the scene in front of them.

"Dudette are you okay?"

"Mari are you okay?"

"Guys I'm good."

"No you're not Princess, you have a bruise on your right cheek. Did he hit you?"

"He only slapped me."

"ONLY slapped you. You are stupid. Wait here dudette I'm going to get an ice pack."

Adrien walked over to me after Nino left to get an ice pack. He sat down next to me and pulled my head close to his chest.

"I'm sorry for leaving you. This wouldn't have happened if I was here."

"Adrien, it's fine. Trust me. I hit him before he could do anything."

"No, Marinette. It's not fine. It's all my fault. I shouldn't have gone to accompany Nino. I'm so sorry Princess."

"Adrien. Say sorry one more time and I won't talk to you ever. Understand?"

"Yeah."

Nino came running back in with an ice pack and made me put it on my face. Alya put her arms around my shoulders while Adrien and Nino pulled Jace out of the bathroom and onto one of the sofas. They cleaned his face and treated any wounds he had.

After about an hour, he woke up. The first people he saw were Adrien and Nino. They stood there with their arms crossed and infuriated expressions in their faces.

"So, you're awake now you piece of shit. How dare you try and hurt Mari? That girl is like a younger sister to me and anyone who tries to harm her will get smashed."

"No one and I repeat NO ONE touches Marinette understand?" Adrien finally spoke up and he was about to punch him but Nino stopped him. This time, Alya stepped in.

"Listen, pea brain. I don't understand why you would even walk in here and think that you can do whatever you like to my girl. Likeeee no one disrespects Mari in ANY way. That girl right there, she's my hoe. And NOBODY MESSES WITH MY HOE. GOT IT? Good. Now if you understand, leave and no one will know. If you don't then you'll be exposed and you'll be so embarrassed that you will have to leave Europe altogether. GET OUT!" He immediately got up from his space and then glanced at me. His eyes looked like they were burning from rage and for a second, I felt scared. "Bye honey. Don't let the door hitchu on the way out." Alya waved at him.

"Thanks guys."

"No problem. We got you dudette."

"I'd do anything for you Princess, remember that."

"Girl, your my sister. I ain't ever gunna let any asshole harm you."

I smiled at them and then went into my bed after changing into a rose gold satin spaghetti crop top with matching high wasted shorts. I undid my hair and pulled the blanket over me.

"Guys. Can one of you put the air conditioning on? Please?"

"You lazy shit. I'll put it on."

"Thanks Adrien."

Soon after, I heard Alya and Adrien argue over who's going to sleep where. Alya wanted to sleep next to Nino but Adrien was protesting.

"Oh lord. Adrien just sleep with me. Let them sleep together. I want someone to play with my hair anyway."

He blushed and nodded. A minute later, I felt someone wrap their arms around me. I turned around to see a shirtless Adrien with only shorts on. I could feel my cheeks burn up.

"Like What you see?" He asked smirking.

"S-shut up."

I hid my face in his chest and he played with my hair. It was so relaxing that I felt myself drift off within seconds.