𝗼𝗯𝗶𝘁𝗼 𝘅 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿 🌧 🌸

This is a modern AU! Enjoy reading lovelies!

"___! Did you hear me at ALL?!" You snapped out of your trance and nodded quickly. "uh yeah.." to be honest, the reason you weren't listening is because you were sick of it. You were jealous; Obito kept talking about "Rin this, rin that" you just wanted him to love you as much as he talked and admired rin. Obito was quite... slow to say the least. He got blatantly rejected by rin multiple times, but yet he still came back to her. Every late night phone call of him rambling about kakashi and rin, and how they were jealous of them both being together. Whining about how he deserved rin instead of kakashi. It hurt at this point since the boy was too dense to realize your overwhelming feelings for him, since he was all focused on the "all and mighty" rin.

You were basically sick of the name coming out of his mouth constantly, 24/7 and now instead of hanging out and talking to him like how you normally would, he'd just immediately spew how much he liked rin. Especially how he ran over to your house and you expected him to hang out with you, but instead he came crying and whimpering about rin. Of course you accepted him inside your house because you cared but it was starting to hurt how he looked at you with little to no emotion, but his eyes sparkled and lit up whenever he talked about rin, or whenever she walked by.

This time you weren't going to deal with him anymore. So whenever started rambling on and on about rin, you got up and left sitting next to your other friends. You basically avoided obito like he had the plague. He confronted you yesterday but you ignored him leaving him alone. He came to your house today but you didn't answer the door, afraid about what he would say/or confront you about. He blew up your phone, but you left him on read. one day he grabbed your wrist and took you away from your friends, basically secluding you from them.

"___ why have you been avoiding me?? What did I do wrong?" You looked away flushed with a rosy pink as your eyes were starting to water. You never prepared for this. It took you so long to try and move on from him, but that was nearly impossible because he looked like a kicked puppy walking around school alone. He grabbed your cheeks and immediately you snapped tears overflowing. "___ please tell me if i did anything wrong i'll try to fix whatever i did i promise." You honestly tried to tell him the feelings you had but you faltered. You were too much of a coward, stopping midway through your sentence with harsh sniffles. He didn't want you to cry as he started to tear up too. Eventually his own tears were falling down his cheeks, but as time passed and you grounded yourself you calmed down just enough to tell him what you were truly feeling. "I'm sorry for avoiding you. i promise i didn't mean to hurt you this bad but i just couldn't stand it."

he looked at you in confusion his head tilting slightly as he signaled you to keep going, his eyes red and puffy. In that afternoon, you spilt everything about you, and how you felt all those years.

After you took a deep breath you explained the last sentence that somehow happened to fall out of your mouth with manageable ease. He obviously looked in shock throughout all of it but he gave a dumbfounded look throughout all of it, so you didn't really care. When you finished you looked up at him and you stood there mostly paralyzed for a few seconds as he gave you the warmest smile known to man. You managed a small smile back as he came forward and hugged you. He chuckled as you basically melted in his arms inhaling his calming scent.

Let's just say once you got official he stopped talking about rin unless it was about a mission or anything important, and spent the day with you bombarding you with cuddles.