Chapter 5 - Engine Ki Seeti

Train Station – Gujarat

“ Bye Dadi, we’ll miss you “ Kalpi said as she hugged her Dadi tightly, “ Bye beti, I’m gonna miss both of you “ Dadi said look both at Kalpi and Pakhi. “ Dadi, make sure you come to Mumbai ok “ Pakhi said as she hugged and swayed her Dadi tightly, “ YES !!!! I WILL !!!! PAKHI…..C…C…CAN’T BREATH !!!! “ Dadi wheezed, “ Sorry Dadi “ Pakhi said sheepishly. After much goodbyes, both Kalpi and Pakhi borded the train, “ BYE DADI !!!! “ they said, “ BYE BETI !!! LOVE YOU !!! “ Dadi said as she waved until she could not see them anymore.

 Somewhere between Gujarat and Mumbai

“ Man I’m so bored “ Pakhi said, as she sat opposite of Kalpi. Kalpi who was reading a book when she looked up and said , “ Seriously Pakhi kitan jaldi ? “, Pakhi rolled her eyes and said  “ We have been sitting here for like god knows how long “ Pakhi whined. Kalpi giggled and replied “ It has only been……..8 hours “ as she got back to her book. “ 8 HOURS !!!! REALLY ???!!! ohhhhh gooooooodddd…Mumbai baby !!! kaha voh !!!! ?? “ Pakhi whined as she looked out the window. Kalpi just chuckled at Pakhi whining “ Chill Pakhi…we’ll be back soon. I’ll tell you what, why don’t you take a nap and when we arrive I’ll wake you. Ok ? “ Kalpi said , “ okay……” Pakhi whined again. Kalpi just shook her head and got back to her book.  

Central Train Station – Mumbai

“ Pakhi ?? Pakhi....uto, Pakhi, we are here “ Kalpi said softly as she shook Pakhi awake, “ Huh…….really ?? “ Pakhi said sleepily. Both stretched their aching muscles and got down from the train. They managed to get a taxi and loaded their luggage into the booth. Pakhi turned to Kalpi as they got into the taxis, “ Hello Mumbai “ Pakhi said excitedly. Kalpi just laughed and nodded and replied “ It’s a great Hello “.

Singhania Construction Company – Mumbai

“ Sammy, how is the search going ? “ Raghav asked Sammy as they made their way to his cabin, “ very good Rags, we have thousands applying for the job we are offering “ Sammy said happily. Just then Raghav phone rang , “ Hello, ahh mom, you’re back, ok great I’ll pick you up “ Raghav said as he hung up the phone “ Mom is back and she is waiting at the airport, I’ll see you later “ Raghav said as he made his way to his car. Sammy just shook his head and laughed, just the his phone rang “ Hello ? “ Sammy said, “ Hello, Sammy it’s me Pakhi “ Pakhi replied on the other line, Sammy immediately stood up, a smile formed on his lips “ Pakhi, what a surprise. Err..how are you ? “ Sammy asked, Pakhi chuckled “ I’m good, I’ve just come back from Gujarat“ she replied, “ Oh really, we should meet up then “ Sammy said. “ Sure” Pakhi said, “ O..ok…ummmI’ll see you then yaar ? “ Sammy said, “ sure, bye “ Pakhi said and she hung up. Sammy just stood there looking at his phone, a small smile append on his lips, Sammy mentally fist-pumped the air and hurried off out of Raghav’s cabin.

Jadhav Villa – Mumbai

“ Who was that ? “ Kalpi asked with her eyebrows raised as she walked into the Hall , “ No one “ Pakhi said smiling to herself, “ Ok…if you say so “ Kalpi smirked and started tickling Pakhi “ Come on !!! was is Lover Boy Sammy ?? “ Kalpi said “ S…s….ssstooppp…...Kaaaa….Kaaalllpi….ssssttttoooppp !!!! “ Pakhi said laughing as she rolled on the floor, “ Not until you answer my question Pakhi “ Kalpi said laughing “ Y…yyy…yyeessss….i…i….ittt….ww…wwaasss....Saa...Sammy “ Pakhi said laughing “ Seeee…..what that so hard “ Kalpi asked innocently as she stopped tickling Pakhi. Pakhi was still laughing on the hall floor“ your so mean Kalpi “ Pakhi said, as she attacked Kalpi and tickling her as well. Through out the  whole day, instead of unpacking, both Kalpi and Pakhi was just laughing and tickling each otheras they rolled around on the floor.  

“ You do know we have to start looking for a job right “ Kalpi said as both of them were lying on the carpeted Hall floor and looking at the ceiling , “ I know…but let’s not talk about it right now...” Pakhi said as she yawned “ I’m going to bed, night Kalpi “ Pakhi said as she made her way to her bedroom, “ Night Pakhi, and dream a lot about Sammy “ Kalpi said teasingly. Pakhi looked back at Kalpi and said “ Oh I will…..” and winked. Pagala yeh laraki Kalpi thought as she made her way to her own bedroom.

(Note : Ok Kalpi and Pakhi DON’T own the Jadhav Villa, their Dadi does. Their Dadi is rich, but Pakhi and Kalpi never consider themselves as rich. They are just renting the Villa from their Dadi  until they get married :D )