Chapter 33 - Rabb Kare Tujhko Bhi

Mandvi, Gujarat

Jadhav Mansion

“ I can’t believe it !!! I’m getting married !!! “ Pakhi said as she stared at the reflection in the mirror, while Kalpi was finishing up her hair. “ It feels surreal right ? “ Kalpi smiled, “ Yes…..Kalpi….please get married fast…..I have a feeling it will happen soon “ Pakhi said as she turned and held Kalpi’s hand.
“ I will….one day…but today, it’s your day “ Kalpi said as she hugged Pakhi. “ Come on let’s  finish you up. “ Kalpi said as she turned Pakhi around and fixed the dupatta on her head. “ There, the dhulhan is ready !!! “ Kalpi smiled.

“ Well Sammy…..It’s the big day “ Raghav said as he clamped his hand on Sammy’s shoulders. “ You ready ? “ Raghav asked, “ I was born ready “ Sammy said confidently. “ Alright let’s do it “ Sammy said as he got up and headed downstairs with Raghav to the garden where the mandap was set up beautifully. Sammy sat down, and Raghav set down beside him in front of the pandit. Just then Kalpi was coming down with Pakhi who was wearing a white and red rose wedding garland. Raghav got up as Pakhi was coming up the stage and sat down beside Sammy. Raghav stood beside Kalpi and smiled.

 The wedding rituals went on for a half hour. Then Sammy tied the Mangalstura around Pakhi’s neck and placed the sindoor on her head everyone threw flowers in blessing to the newly-weds. “ Oh my baby is finally married “ Manju said with happy tears in her eyes.

After the wedding, everyone adjourned to the food that was placed out. Kalpi went around distributing Laddoo’s, “ Shaadi Ka Laddoo ?? “ Kalpi asked Raghav as she extended out the tray towards him and smiled, Raghav smiled and took one and took a bite “ Hmmmm…..” Raghav said, Kalpi smiled, “ I’m glad you like it “ Kalpi said, “ You made these ? “ Raghav asked in shock, Kalpi nodded and walked away, “ Ahhh I see that you are eating Kalpi’s Laddoo’s “ Gauri said standing beside him. “ They are delicious, I have to get the recipe “ Gauri smiled. Raghav smiled back and took another bite, Hmmmm….sweet…just like her “ Raghav thought as he watched Kalpi going around distributing laddoo’s to the guest.

After the luncheon, it was time for the bride and bridegroom to depart on their honeymoon, “ Bye Dadi….thank you so much for everything “ Pakhi said crying, “ Your welcome beti, have a safe flight to Paris ok, and have fun “ Manju winked at Pakhi. “ I’ll miss you…..I promise to call “ Pakhi said to Kalpi and she hugged her tightly. Kalpi smiled and hugged back, “ Thank you Kalpu…..your the best sister that I could ever have “ Pakhi said as she hugged Kalpi even tighter, “ Your welcome, and you are the best sister that I could ever have. Have fun in Paris ok “ Kalpi said as she rubbed Pakhi’s back and let her go with teary eyes. 

Pakhi and Sammy got into the car and drove off to the airport.

That night after the wedding, Kalpi was relaxing on her swing and looking at the stars. “ I wish you were here Dadaji “ Kalpi whispered.  Kalpi was so absorbed by looking at the stars that she did not hear Raghav coming in, “ Hey….” Raghav said as he came around and sat beside her, “ Hey “ Kalpi said looking up at him, “ You ok ? “ Raghav asked, “ I’m fine “ Kalpi waved her hands at him. “ What can I do for you ? “ Kalpi asked, “ Just came to see my Angel “ Raghav smiled. Kalpi smiled back, “ well I’m too tired in doing anything right now…so if your expecting something from me tonight…come back in a week time “ Kalpi said tiredly. Raghav laughed “ Why do you always assume I want something from you when I always see you “ Raghav asked, “ well do you ? “ Kalpi challenge him raising one eyebrow “ yeah…..I do “ Raghav nodded. Kalpi laughed, “ Ohhhh…well back to work tomorrow “ Kalpi said looking up, “ Yup….” Raghav nodded and looked up. Kalpi got up and hugged Raghav and laid her head on his shoulders. Raghav was shocked  at her boldness for some time and then wrapped his arms around her and held her close.