Cahpter 25 - Dhadang Dhang

Singhania Construction Company – Mumbai

A few days later, Raghav was back in the office with a load of work pilled up on his desk. “ Oh god !!!! “ Raghav said frustrated and he looked through the contracts one by one. “ Hey Raghav, got a minute ? “ Sammy said as he appeared at his cabin door “ Not now Sammy….I’m busy “ Raghav said not looking up. “ But there is someone here to see you – “ Sammy added, “ Tell them I’m busy…. “ Raghav replied, “ But “ Sammy said. “ Just go Sam “ Raghav said, “ He’s busy Kalpi….you have to come back later “ Sammy smirked. Raghav looked up, “ Kalpi….. “ Raghav said as he bolted from his seat. Kalpi was laughing at Raghav. “ I thought you were busy ? “ Kalpi said innocently, “ I was….busy “ Raghav smiled like a little boy on Christmas. Sammy just stood there between them and as just enjoyed their conversation “ Uhh….Sam make yourself disappear and go “ Raghav said as he looked at Kalpi, “ But…this is my entertainment “ Sammy whined, “ You know you sound like Pakhi right now “ Kalpi said as she looked at Sam and laughed “ Really…..hmmm, maybe I should go and see her…later “ Sammy said as he walked to Pakhi cabin and knocked on the door.

Raghav led Kalpi to his cabin “So what can I do for you Ms. Jadhav ? “ Raghav said coolly as he sat down behind his desk. Kalpi sat down opposite of him at his desk and smiled at him “ Looking for a job “ Kalpi said in a cool tone as she looked at him. “ A job eh ? “ Raghav said as he looked at her, “ Yup “ Kalpi replied with confidence. “ Well do you have your resume “ Raghav said coolly. Kalpi whipped out her resume and said “ Yes “ challenging him. Raghav took the file from her and looked at it.
“ Interesting….you worked for Dutt Corporations “ Raghav said as he looked at Kalpi under his lashes,
“ I’m sure you knew that already Mr. Singhania “ Kalpi replied sweetly. Placing down the file, Raghav leaned on the table and looked at Kalpi. “ We do have have a job opening….but as my PA “ Raghav said. “ Oh….PA, sounds interesting. What do I have to do ? “ Kalpi teased as she moved forward and looked at Raghav. “ I’m sure you know what a PA  does Ms. Jadhav “ Raghav said, “ No I don’t Mr. Singhania. Enlighten me “ Kalpi said as she sat back and smirked as she challenged him.

“ What going on ???!! “ Pakhi said as she stood beside Sammy  in his cabin and watched though his office blinds. “ I’m not sure….but it looks like they are teasing each other and I think Kalpi is winning “ Sammy said amused. Pakhi chuckled “ That’s Kalpi for you. Looks like a Butterfly and Stings like a Queen Bee “. Sammy nodded “ Raghav looks….omg is he blushing ?? “ Sammy said shocked “ OMG SACH !!!! LET ME SEE !!!! OHHH THIS IS SO RICH !!! YOU GO GIRL !!!! BRING HIM TO HIS KNEES “ Pakhi cheered on.

Raghav sat back as he watched Kalpi, “ why does it feel hot here ?? I thought the AC on ?? “ Raghav thought. “ Mr. Singhania ? are you ok ? “ Kalpi said worriedly, “ Huh…haan…I’m….I’m…I’m fine “ Raghav said stuttering. Kalpi smiled “ cute “ Kalpi thought as she kept looking at Raghav. “ So Mr. Singhania, do I get the job or should I find it somewhere else ? “ Kalpi asked as she was about to get up “ No….the job is yours Ms Jadhav “ Raghav said hurriedly “ I can’t bare to see you with anyone else except me “ Raghav thought, “ When can you start ? “ Raghav asked again “ Anytime “ Kalpi replied, “ Good…why not now ? “ Raghav said as he got up “ Why not “ Kalpi said sweetly. He led her to her table situated outside of his cabin, he then went back in and go some files “ I need you to do a presentation for a client tomorrow, can you handle it ? “ Raghav asked “ Yes, “ Kalpi smiled and took the file and started to work on it. Raghav smiled and went back into his cabin. He sat down behind his desk and smiled, “ Hmmmm…suddenly I feel more energized to work….let’s do this “ Raghav thought as he got back to work.

“ He gave her the job !!! “ Sammy said happily, “ YES !!!!! MY DREAM IS COMING TRUE !!! “ Pakhi said as she hugged Sammy.

It was already past 3 PM and Kalpi was still working on the presentation “ Hey Kalpi, not going home ? “ Pakhi said as she came out of her cabin, “ Nope….to much work…even on my first day “ Kalpi said, “ I remember that day….” Pakhi said laughing. Kalpi looked at Pakhi and laughed, “ You go ahead, once I’m done, I’ll let you know “ Kalpi said, “ Ok, bye “ Pakhi said as she waved and went to the lift. After waving back, Kalpi continued her work. Raghav was watching Kalpi from his cabin, a smiled crept on his face. His Kalpi, his Angel is here…working for him, like he always wanted her too. Raghav laid back on his chair and closed his eyes and relaxed. “ No going home Sir ? “ Kalpi asked, Raghav bolted upright in his chair, and looked at her. Kalpi had an amused look on her face “ Uhh no…too much work. How about you ? “ Raghav asked “ Please…please stay “ Raghav thought, Kalpi smiled and replied, “ Not yet, to much work. My you really put your associates in hell on the first day of work “. Raghav smiled, “ In this industry you have to be competitive Ms. Jadhav “ Raghav replied. Nodding and smiling, “ Wise words “ Kalpi said and exited his cabin.

By the time Kalpi finished her work, it was already 11 PM. Switching off the computer, Kalpi cleared her desk. She then went into Raghav cabin and found him sleeping at his desk. Smiling, Kalpi went towards him “ Raghav ?? Raghav ?? uto na “ Kalpi said as she shook him, “ Huh….oh Kalpi….. “ Raghav said as he lifted his head and looked at her sleepily. Kalpi giggled “ Chal “ Kalpi said as she helped Raghav get up, took his coat and exited the cabin and headed to the lift. Kalpi opened the door “ I’ll drive “ Raghav said sleepily, “ No Raghav…I’ll drive, your too sleepy “ Kalpi said as she pushed him into the passenger seat and Kalpi got in to the driver’s seat and drove back home.

Raghav’s Villa – Mumbai

Kalpi parked the car in front of Raghav house and got out, she gently woke him and helped him to his bedroom. Kalpi sat beside Raghav and looked at him and smiled, she gently brushed his hair, then his cheeks. Placing a peck on his cheeks she got up. Kalpi was about to leave when Raghav caught her wrist. Kalpi turned and looked at Raghav “ Mata Jao “ Raghav whispered looking at her sleepily. Smiling Kalpi got into bed and laid beside him, she turned so that she faced him and held his hands. Raghav looked at Kalpi as smiled, he moved forwards and kissed her forehead and dozed off with Kalpi beside him.

The next morning, Raghav rolled over hoping to have Kalpi in his arms, but when he searched the spot next to him, it was empty. Sitting up right quickly, Raghav found a note on his bedside table…

Dear Raghav,

Good morning,

I’m sorry I had to leave early,

But, I’ll see you at the office :D

P.S : you drool a lot :P

Kalpi

“ Drool ?? I don’t drool…..oh god Kalpi “ Raghav said as he laid back onto the pillows and clutched  the note to his chest and smiled. After sometime, Raghav got up and got ready. He just could not wait to see his Angel again.