Chapter 40 - Uncha Lamba Kad

Gauri’s Villa – Mumbai

It’s been a month since Raghav and Kalpi were married, and Kalpi was enjoying every minute of it. “ Raghav…uto naa…you’ll be late for work “ Kalpi said as she gently shook Raghav,
“ Hmmmmmm…nooooooo…I don’t want to go….. “ Raghav mumbled and buried his face deeper into the pillow, “ Raghav……chalo…this is not funny….come on get up “ Kalpi said as she pulled Raghav’s arm. She kept pulling, but he did not budge, “ How can a CEO act like this ? “ Kalpi mumbled still pulling on his arm. Kalpi gave up, before she could let go of his arm, Raghav caught her arm and pulled her towards him, Kalpi squealed in surprise and ended up on top of Raghav, “ Raghav….let me go “ Kalpi said tried to break out of his hold, “ Hmmmmm………..” Raghav mumbled and held her tightly. Sighing, Kalpi laid her head on Raghav’s chest and heard his steady heart beat.

Raghav smiled and held Kalpi close, he then rolled her over and laid her on the bed, and looked at her. Kalpi’s eyes were closed with a small smiled on her lips. Raghav laid his forehead on hers and closed his eyes, Kalpi opened her eyes and poked Raghav’s cheeks with her finger, Raghav opened his eyes and looked Kalpi and smiled. Kalpi was still poking him, “ Why are you poking me ? “ Raghav asked, “ To wake you up “ Kalpi replied with a smile and kissed his cheeks, “ come on wake up…you’ll gonna be late “ Kalpi said as she got up from the bed. Raghav caught her pallu and tugged it, Kalpi turned around and  sat down beside Raghav and took his hand that was holding her pallu and tugged the pallu from his hands . Raghav smiled and held on tighter, Kalpi looked Raghav and smiled, she moved forward and kissed him. Raghav immediately released her pallu, before he could grab her, Kalpi got up and ran towards the door. Raghav was in shock, he buried his face in his pillows and let out a frustrated growl. 

Half and hour later, Raghav was in front of the mirror fixing his hair when Kalpi walked in with a cup of Chai. Kalpi placed the cup on the study table and went to Raghav. “ Need help ?? “ Kalpi asked innocently looking at him though the mirror, “ my tie “ Raghav said frustrated, Kalpi stood in front of Raghav and   took hold of his tie. Kalpi was working very hard in trying to make the tie look perfect, Raghav kept looking at Kalpi “ Why are you looking at me like that ? “ Kalpi asked shyly, still looking at the tie, “ Like what ? “ Raghav asked innocently, “ Like you want to eat me up “ Kalpi said, Raghav laughed and wrapped his arms around Kalpi and held her close “ That’s because I do…..want to eat you up “ Raghav said huskily, Kalpi looked at Raghav “ Since when did the mighty Raghav Singhania become so cheeky and cheezy ?? “ Kalpi asked, “ since he fell I love with you “ Raghav replied and kissed her. Kalpi broke the kiss “ come on...have some breakfast before you go “ Kalpi said as she pulled Raghav’s hand and headed downstairs.

Gauri was at the kitchen table having a cup of Chai when Raghav and Kalpi came down “ Morning aunty “ Kalpi said, “ Morning beti…and please call me mom, since now you are my daughter and part of this family “ Gauri said cheerfully. Raghav smiled and squeezed Kalpi’s waist as encouragement. Kalpi smiled and nodded. Breakfast was a fun affair, after much pushing, Raghav finally went to work. Kalpi helped Gauri though out the day.

Singhania Construction Company – Mumbai 

Raghav made it to his cabin, and found Sammy sitting at his desk, “ wow…I thought you will NEVER show up “ Sammy teased as Raghav sat down at his chair opposite him, “ Very funny “ Raghav said as he switched on his laptop “ Any news lately from Brian ? “ Raghav asked as he checked his emails,
“ Nope…..” Sammy said, Raghav nodded, Sammy got up “ oh yeah we have a meeting with Mr. Khan later on “ Sammy said, “ aur presentation ? “ Raghav asked “ All done….man your wife works  fast “ Sammy teased and walked out. Raghav smiled and looked back at his laptop.

Gauri’s Villa – Mumbai

Kalpi was in the kitchen cooking, she wanted to surprise Raghav in the office by making lunch for him. “ hmmmm…what’s smells so good ? “ Gauri asked as she walked in “ cooking lunch “ Kalpi replied and she stirred  the dhal “ For Raghav ?? “ Gauri smiled, Kalpi nodded shyly, Gauri laughed at Kalpi reaction
“ Beti you don’t have to be shy……you are married, but I have to say …it’s better to have  a little shyness, here and there “ Gauri teased, Kalpi smiled and kept on cooking. By the time Kalpi finished cooking, it was 11.50 am. Kalpi quickly packed everything and headed to the car and drove off to the office.

Singhania Construction Company – Mumbai

By the time the meeting finished Raghav was brain drained, “ Let’s gab something to eat “ Raghav said, “ Sorry man..I have a lunch date with my lovely wife “ Sammy smiled, Raghav gave Sammy are-you-kidding look and the lucky-bastard look. “ I’ll see you later “ Sammy said as he hurried out the office. Raghav sighed and headed to his cabin. When Raghav made it to his cabin he was shocked to see a plate of delicious food at his table. Kalpi came up behind him and cleared her throat. Raghav turned around to see his lovely wife..there…in his cabin…with food “ Kiya hua ?? “ Kalpi asked waving her hands in his face. Raghav was still dumbstruck that she was there “ Raghav……? “ Kalpi asked in concern, “ You made this ?? for me ?? “ Raghav asked still in shock, Kalpi nodded and pulled his arm to the sofa. Kalpi pushed him down gently to sit, she went to his desk and took the plate and brought to him and setting it down in front of him on the coffee table. Kalpi sat beside Raghav told him to eat, when Raghav did not budge to eat, Kalpi took the roti and tore it, then she dunked it into the dahl and fed him. Raghav slowly chewed and looked at Kalpi “ what’s wrong Raghav ? “ Kalpi asked “ I still can’t believe you did for me….. “ Raghav said, “ You are my husband…….of course I do it for you “ Kalpi smiled, “ Raghav smiled and said “ Thank you Kalpi…..thank you so much “, Kalpi smiled and replied “ Your welcome….now come on…eat “. Raghav smiled and ate the food deliciously.

After lunch Kalpi was clearing up the table when Raghav held her hand “ when are you coming back to work ?? “ Raghav asked “ Raghav…I’m still a new bride….besides you see me everyday. I’m pretty sure, me working for you is going to make you bored in seeing my face “ Kalpi said, “ never !!!! “ Raghav said as he held her close, “ Raghav….let me go…we are in the office…people will see “ Kalpi said trying to break free of his hold , “ so let them….I don’t care “ Raghav said as she nuzzled her neck, “ Raghav….” Kalpi kept trying to break free, but no luck, until she decided to poke him in the waist and Rgahav immediately let her go “ That’s not fair Kalpi “ Raghav said as he tried to catch her
“ Raghav…behave…we are in the office, and beside your cabin has only glass, people can see “ Kalpi said as she stood behind Raghav’s desk, which separated her and Raghav. Before Raghav could make his way around the desk, his phone rang, taking it out he answered  it “ Yes…yes this is Raghav Singhania…yes…ok…thank you “ Raghav hung up, “ Who was that “ Kalpi asked, “ It’s a surprise. “ Raghav smirked. Kalpi looked at him skeptically.

Gauri’s Villa – Mumbai

Kalpi was in their room, when Raghav walked in, he smiled and went to hug her from behind,
“ Raghav…….” Kalpi asked as she held his hands, “ Hmmmm…….god I love you “ Raghav said as he kissed her neck, “ Love you too “ Kalpi said she touched his cheeks. “ What do you think of Maldives ? “ Raghav asked as they were lying in bed that night “ It’s a beautiful place…... Why ? “ Kalpi asked, “ Well we are going to the Maldives “ Raghav said proudly, “ For work ? “ Kalpi asked, “ No…for our honeymoon “ Raghav said. Kalpi immediately looked up at Raghav “ Honeymoon ? “ Kalpi asked, “ Yes….we never had one, after we got married. “ Raghav said as he touched her cheeks “ Why don’t you like it ? “ Raghav asked concerned, “ No….no…I love it. Thank you “ Kalpi said as she kissed his cheek and laid back down onto his chest, “ only for the best for my Angel “ Raghav said as he held her close.