Chapter 45 - Race Saanson Ki

Raghav & Kalpi’s Villa – Mumbai

“ Brian….Sammy…welcome “ Raghav said as he opened the door to greet Brian and Sammy, “ Nice place Raghav “ Brian said looking around, “ Thanks…come in “ Raghav gestured them and closed the door and walked them to the hall. Just then Kalpi made her way to the hall, “ Hi guys “ Kalpi said cheerfully, “ Brian meet my wife..Kalpana “ Raghav said introducing, “ Nice to meet you Mrs. Singhania “ Brian said shaking her hand “ please call me Kalpi “ Kalpi said as she returned the shake with a smile , “ Come….let take this into my office “ Raghav said as they walked up the stairs to Raghav’s office.

Kalpi was in the kitchen making some snacks when the doorbell rang, putting down the cups, she made her way to the front door and opened it “ KALPUUUUU !!!! “ Pakhi said and she threw her arms around Kalpi and hugged her tightly, “ Pakhi…omg I missed you. What are you doing here ? did you come to see Sam ? “ Kalpi asked as she closed the door, Pakhi’s eyes lit up “ Sammy yahan?? “ Pakhi asked “ yup.. upstairs “ Kalpi said, “ oh…” Pakhi said, “ Pakhi kiya hua ?? “ Kalpi asked, “ Can talk somewhere private ? “ Pakhi asked, “ sure…come lets go into the kitchen “ Kalpi said as she gestured Pakhi to the kitchen. Placing a cup of cool water Kalpi sat beside Pakhi “ kiya hua ?? is something wrong ?? “ Kalpi asked looking concerned at Pakhi, “ Kalpuuu…..I’m……I’m….I’m pregnant “ Pakhi said shyly, “ OMG SACH !!!! PKAHI !!! OMG I’M SO HAPPY !!!!! “ Kalpi said she hugged Pakhi tightly, “ does Sammy know yet ? “ Kalpi asked after hugging her, Pakhi shook her head and looked down “ I only told you and Dadi. That’s all “ Pakhi said, “ so when are you planning to tell him “ Kalpi asked, “ today night….” Pakhi said shyly. Kalpi smiled and patted Pakhi’s hand “ come on…let’s take these snacks  to the boys “ Kalpi chuckled.

“ So far we manage to track to the money that Sahil Kapoor is holding. Its in offshore account in the Bahamas “ Brian said as he passed the folder to Raghav, Raghav nodded and looked at the file. “ There was something interesting that Brandon found out. Rai Corporation has been losing money. And one of Corporations’ partners is Shail Kapoor “ Brian said. Raghav looked at Brian “ so he is embezzling money from them “ Sammy said, “ not only that, Brandon also found that the money is being deposited into an account under the name of Karan Rai who is the CEO of Rai Corporations “ Brian said, “ where is the account ? “ Raghav asked, “ in the States “ Brian replied “ but when we asked Karan Rai about this, he said that he did not know of this at all “ Brian added, “ We looked through the papers and showed it to him and he said that he did not sign any of those papers “ Brian continued on “ This is forgery….Sahil Kapoor did this “ Raghav said, Brian nodded in agreement. Just then there was a soft knock “ come in “ Raghav called out, “ hey..sorry to disturb. Just thought you guys might be thirsty “ Kalpi said as she walked in with Pakhi behind her with a tray of snacks. Raghav smiled and Kalpi’s consideration, “ thanks Kalpi. Pakhi how are you “ Raghav asked, “ I’m good…hey baby “ Pakhi said as she placed the cup beside Sammy and sat down. Kalpi sat down beside Brian, “ so how is it going ? any light yet ? “ Kalpi asked as she looked at the papers in front of her on the coffee table, “ so far yes…we have some light “ Brian smiled, “ May I ? “ Kalpi asked as she took a file, Raghav smiled and nodded. Kalpi opened the file and read. Kalpi found something interesting “ Raghav…did your dad have some heart issues ?? “ Kalpi asked, “ No “ Raghav said, “ why ? “ he asked, “ That’s odd because in this report, it is said that your dad died of a drug overdose ? “ Kalpi asked looking at him, “ what ??!!! that’s not right. My dad did not have any problems. Drug overdose from what ? “ Raghav asked, “ Amiodarone “ Kalpi said, “ Amiodarone ?? sounds familiar “ Pakhi said, “ I know. Hmmmmm” Kalpi said, Raghav looked at his wife, “ You heard of Amiodarone ? “ Raghav asked confused, Kalpi nodded and so did Pakhi, “ I know, why don’t we call Aaryn ?? maybe he will know “ Pakhi said “ good idea…” Kalpi said getting up and headed to the phone, all three men looked at them in a confused state. Kalpi picked up the phone an dialed Aaryn’s number “ you think he’s awake ?? “ Kalpi asked, Pakhi shrugged her shoulders, “ hello ? “ Aaryn asked, “ AARYN !!!!!! “ both Kalpi and Pakhi shouted on the phone, “ Ahhh… finally you remember me….I was wondering what happened to my lovely girls ? “ Aaryn said, “ Very funny…Aaryn we need some help “ Kalpi said, “ ok shoot. “ Aaryn, “ AMIODARONE “ Kalpi said, “ ahhh….a  drug which I keep hearing everyday “ Aaryn said, “ what is it used for ? “ Kalpi asked, “ Amiodarone is a heart stabilizer. It’s normally used when you have a Atrial Fibrillation “ Aaryn said, “Atrial Fibrillation ? “ Pakhi asked, “ it’s sort of a heart problem. It’s when your heart starts beating fast and you have chest pains “ Aaryn said, “ Can anyone have it ? “ Kalpi asked, “ When your older, you are bound to get it, so this medication helps stabilized your heart rate. “ Aaryn replied, “ what happens, if you don’t take it ? “ Kalpi asked, “ its bad. You see when your heart rate goes above your normal rate , it is suppose to come down when you relax, but if it does not, than thats dangerous, you can actually die from that “ Aaryn said, “ oh my god “ Pakhi said in schock, “ what happens if you overdose ? can it kill you ? “ Kalpi asked, “ Hmmmm….not really….the medication takes time to stabilized your heart once its consumed. So overdosing is not common “ Aryan said. Kalpi looked at Raghav and nodded, “ Ok thank you Aaryn “ Kalpi smiled, “ your welcome…so when are you coming here ?? “ Aaryn teased, “ you have to come here first. We have not seen you in a long time “ Pakhi chide, “aacha..ok..ok…” Aaryn said, both Kalpi and Pakhi laughed “ thank’s Aaryn for the info, bye “ Kalpi said, “ bye girls “ and he hung up. “ Well now we know…..” Kalpi said as she flipped through the file again, “ wait a minute, Pakhi take a look at this. KCI. “ Kalpi said as she pointed to the word, “ Potassium Chloride “ Pakhi said shocked, “ I think we found the murder weapon “ Kalpi said. Brian cleared his throat “ Potassium Chloride…isn’t that used in food ? “ Brian asked, “ food, medication, scientific applications “ Kalpi said, as she sat down beside Brian, “ so how does that contribute to our investigation on Sahil Kapoor “ Raghav asked, “ well Potassium Chloride can also be lethal. When injected into the system, it can kill “ Kalpi said, “ I feel, Sahil Kapoor injected Potassium Chloride into your dads system and then injected Amiodarone after that, to make it look like an overdose “ Kalpi said. “ Question who do you guys know all this ?? “ Sammy asked in shock, both Kalpi and Pakhi smiled and replied “ CSI “.

After Brian left, Kalpi, Raghav, Sammy and Pakhi were in the hall relaxing “ sooooo Aaryn huh ?? is there something I should know about ? “ Raghav raised an eyebrow and Kalpi. Kalpi laughed, “ Someone is jealous “ Kalpi teased, “ I don’t share “ Raghav said dangerously, “ so do I “ Sammy said. Kalpi looked at Pakhi and chuckled , “ how did we get such jealous men for our husbands ? “ Kalpi asked “ I have no idea “ Pakhi chuckled. “ Kalpi…..” Raghav said warningly, Kalpi smiled , “ Aaryn is our cousin who is a Cardiologist in the States, happily married with 3 kids “ Kalpi said, “ He likes to tease us every time we meet. We have not seen him in a long time, that’s why he acted like that “ Pakhi added. Both men relaxed a little. After talking and laughing, Sammy and Pakhi decided to head home, Kalpi hugged Pakhi
“ good luck “ Kalpi whispered, Pakhi smiled and nodded. Raghav showed Sammy and Pakhi out and headed to the kitchen where Kalpi was cleaning up the remaining drinks and food. “ Ms. CSI “ Raghav teased as he leaned on the kitchen door, Kalpi smiled “ Always wanted to be one “ Kalpi said, “  What happened ?  “ Raghav asked, Kalpi shrugged her shoulders, “ I had to take a course for four years, and it required me to move to the States. I don’t think I could have left Pakhi and Dadi here “ Kalpi said, Ragahv pushed from the door  and walked towards her and wrapped his arms around her waist, “ I’m glad you did not do it “ Raghav said, “  what makes you say that ? “ Kalpi challenge him, “ because I don’t think I can bare to lose you “ Raghav smiled and kissed her. Kalpi broke of the kiss and smiled up at Raghav and hugged him “ I love you “ Kalpi whispered in his chest, “ I love you too “ Raghav said and carried her to the bedroom.

Kalpi got up in the middle of the night and found that she was alone in bed. Getting up, Kalpi padded her way out the room in search of Raghav. Kalpi found Raghav in the office, looking through the files again and again. Raghav looked frustrated and exhausted, smiling slowly , Kalpi went in, “ Hey…..you ok ? “ Kalpi asked as she sat down beside him on the sofa and wrapped her arms around him. He nodded and then shook his head, “ I just don’t know what to do Kalpi…..I’m….I’m…- “ Raghav babbled, “ hey…hey…its ok…Raghav look, we have enough information to put the Kapoors behind bars. You can do this. “ Kalpi said encouraging him. Raghav looked at Kalpi and lead his forehead on hers, “ You really think I can do this ? “ he whispered, “ I KNOW you can do this. You are Raghav Singhania….your arrogant, rude, intolerable and insensitive. But you are also the man that I love, and I know you can do this “ Kalpi smiled , Raghav chuckled and kissed her, “ Thank you “ he whispered.
....................................................................................................................................................................................

The sister's turned CSI's for a day :D