Chapter 8 - Dhoom Machale Dhoom

Jadhav Villa – Mumbai

Kalpi was busy packing her bag as Pakhi walked in “ where are you going ? “ Pakhi asked confused, “Mandvi , Dadi called last night and told me to come “ Kalpi said as she stuffed more clothes into her bag. Pakhi mentally patted her back and smiled, “ why are you smiling for ? “ Kalpi asked with a skeptical look “ Huh….nothing “ Pakhi said innocently, “ what time is ur flight ? “ Pakhi said “ I’m not taking the plane, I’m taking the train “ Kalpi said, “ WHAT !!! KALPI ARE YOU MAD !!! It’s a 9 hour train ride. The plane is easier “ Pakhi said “ I don’t know…I somehow prefer the train, you know how it rocks you to sleep “ Kalpi said with a small smile, “ Janti hoon, but like I said it’s a 9 hour ride. Take the plane this time, and then with you come back you can take the train. How about that ? “ Pakhi said in a hopeful voice hopping that Kalpi would change her mind in taking the train. “ OK, but I have not booked any flight and I’m not sure if there are any seats left “ Kalpi said “ no problem. You just carry on packing and leave the rest to me “ Pakhi said as she hurried out of Kalpi’s room to make flight reservations.

Raghav’s Villa - Mumbai 

Raghav woke up feeling weird all of a sudden. He just could not stop thinking about the girl who he met the other day at the company’s washroom. Raghav felt angry and threw off his covers and made way to the kitchen. “ Morning Raghav “ Sammy said as he poured a cup of coffee for himself and Raghav. Raghav just mumbled “Good Morning” and sat heavily at the kitchen table, “ what wrong Rags ? you don’t look so good “ Sammy said as he  took a sip of his coffee while watching Raghav with his head on his hands with his eyes closed. “ Is this something to do with today’s trip  ? “ Sammy said, Raghav shook his head and just sighed even more. Sammy just smiled as he knew was bothering Raghav. Looking back at his phone he smile at Pakhi messaged his and told him that the plan was underway.

Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport – Mumbai

“ got you ticket ? “ Pakhi said “ yup “ Kalpi said as she checked her bag to see everything that she needed  was there. “ Flight A306 , from Mumbai to Mandvi , please make your way to Terminal 2 “ the Airport’s loudspeaker blasted, “ Ok this is it, have a great trip and say hi to Dadi for me  ok “ Pakhi said as she hugged Kalpi “ thanks, if anything call me ok, and I’ll rush back “ Kalpi said in a soft yet stern tone “ yes mom “ Pakhi said playfully. They said their good byes and Kalpi made her way to Terminal 2. Pakhi was waving until she could not see Kalpi, she quickly texted Sammy and said that Kalpi has already left. With a smile she made her way to the car and headed back home.

Gauri Singhania’s Villa - Mumbai 

Raghav was waiting for his mom to come out. His phone, rolling his eyes he picked it up “ what is it Sam ? is something wrong at the office ? “ Raghav said “ no…no everything is fine, just wanted to see if you have left yet “ Sammy said on the other line “ not yet, waiting for mom to come “ Raghav said. Just then his mom walked out “ listen Sam I have to go, call me if anything goes wrong and give me an update of the Kapoor’s once you get a reply “ Raghav said “ sure no problem, have fun and send my regards to Gauri aunty “ Sammy said as he hung up. Raghav said good bye and hung up “ who was that ? “ Gauri asked “ Sammy mom. Come let’s go, we don’t want to be late “ Raghav said “ why are you so in a hurry, we are going by your jet ( he is Raghav Singhania :P ), so it won’t move until we are there “ Gauri said as she was amused by her son’s actions right now. “ let’s just go “ Raghav said tiredly. They both got into the car and sped off to the airport.

On The Road To The Airport

The car ride to the airport was quiet until Gauri spoke, “ So I heard what happened the other day at the company “ Gauri said casually. Raghav’s hands began to tighten on the steering wheel, “ Who told you ? “ Raghav asked angrily, “ Sammy “ Gauri replied,” Oh come one Raghav, it’s just a small matter “ Gauri said calmly. “ NO IT IS NOT MOM !!!! She insulted me right in my face. She said I was rude , rrogant, intolerable and insensitive !!! “  Raghav in a tight voice. “ Well…..aren’t you ? “ Gauri  questioned, looking at her son’s reaction. Raghav looked as his mom baffled, “ Mom ! don’t tell me you are taking her side !!!?? “ Raghav almost shouted. Raghav can’t believe it, his mom was taking that girls side instead of his ? her only son !! “ I’m not taking anyone’s side beta, I’m just implying that she is some how right “ Gauri said calmly. “ Beta ever since that day, you changed. I know it’s hard, but you really changed. After being is U.S, you became more distant, burying yourself in your work and drinking non-stop every night. It’s like you were not the son I used to know. You became a whole different man. “ Gauri explained. Raghav stared at the road in front of him. He hated to admit, but his mom was right. Ever since that fateful day, he vowed to himself and his dad to take revenge on the Kapoors for his dad’s murder. 

Soon enough, Gauri and Raghav reached the airport. They quickly made their way to Ragahv’s jet