Chapter 9 - Kaahe Chhed Mohe

Jadhav Mansion –Mandvi, Gujarat

Kalpi made her way into the house, “ Dadi ?? Dai kaha voh ?? “ Kalpi shouted, “ I’m here “ Dadi said in a peppy tone, Kalpi just smiled and gave her Dadi a big tight hug “ So what time are they coming ? “ Kalpi asked, “ oh very soon “ Dadi replied as she busied herself in the kitchen preparing food for the guest “ Oh really, so who is this friend of yours ? “ Kalpi asked as she help Dadi set the table for their guest, “ Its Mrs. Gauri Singhanaia and her son, Raghav “ Dadi said as she eyes Kalpi to see her reaction. Kalpi’s body stiffened a little as she was setting the table, she quickly brushed it of and replied “ Oh really. Well let me just go and change and freshen up. Before Kalpi could take a few steps up the stairs, Dadi called her, “ Uhh Kalpi “ Dadi started, “ Yes dadi “ Kalpi answered, “ I was wondering, if you could dance for our guest, like after dinner, you know to make them feel welcome “ Dadi asked. Kalpi looked at Dadi for a second and said “ Of course Dadi, sure why not “ Kalpi replied and made her way to her room. Once inside, Kalpi paced the floor up and down while mumbling “ dance ?? me ?? for him ?? Raghav Singhania ?? “. After 20 minutes of pacing, Kalpi finally shook herself back nd sarted getting ready to welcome their “Guest”

An hour later Gauri and Raghav pulled up at the Jadhav Mansion. “ You sure this is it mom ? “ Raghav said as he looked at the huge mansion in font of him “ yup, chalo “ Gauri said as she walked up the steps and rang the doorbell. “ Gauri Singhania !!! its so good to see you again !!!  “ Manju Jadhav said as she gave her old fried a huge hug “ and this must be Raghav. My you sure have grown “ Manju said as she looked at Raghav up and down approvingly, “ come in !!! come in !!! make yourself at home “ Manju said as she guided Gauri and Raghav though the Great Hall .

Kalpi was watching from the balcony when Raghav arrived, with a slumped shoulders, Kalpi headed down to the Great Hall. Raghav was admiring the house when he heard foot-steps descending down from the stairs, whan he looked up Raghav got a shock when he saw who was descending down. Kalpi wore a Pinkish lehenga with a bold gold border, her Choli was the same gold with a simple designe running around it, her duputta was made of lace to match her lehenga. With her hair in a messy braid to one side,  Kalpi looked simple yet exquisite. “ Ahhhh…finally, Gauri I would like to meet my granddaughter Kalpi “ Manju said smiling, “ Namaste “ Kalpi said,  “ Kalpi ?? oh you mean the little girl who use to play with Raghav ? my you have grown beta “ Gauri said with a bright smile. Kalpi just gave a smile “ oh you remember Raghav….Raghav ?? “ Gauri said as she looked at her son who is still in shock “ huh…oh…hi “ Raghav said flushed, “ what wrong with you beta ?? “ Gauri said as she looked at Raghav concerned, “ nothing mom..nothing “ Raghav said as he eyed Kalpi up and down. Kalpi just gave a stifle laugh and smiled at him. “ Come, lunch is ready “ Manju said as she walked forward with Gauri beside her laughing and giggling like school girls. “ Chale Mr. Singhania ? “ Kalpi said as she came up beside him and smiled and walked off to the kitchen.

Raghav was in total shock, the girl who insulted him is actually Kalpi ! the girl who he used to play and help her with her homework when they were young. “ RAGHAV !!!!! “ Gauri called . Raghav quickly jolted up and walked towards the kitchen.

All through out lunch Raghav could not keep his eyes off Kalpi. Everything about her just screamed exquisiteness “ Raghav……Raghav !!! “ Gauri said as she shook her son shoulder, “ huh…haan mom, kia hua ? “ Raghav said as he snappned out from his daze, “ I was asking you why are you playing with your food and not eating ? thum teekho beta ? “ Gauri asked concerned as her sons actions today, “ haan mom, mein teekho “ Raghav replied and looked back at his plate. “ So Manju where is your other granddaughter ?? Pakhi right ? “ Gauri asked, “ oh she’s still in Mumbai , she could not make it because she has a job interview to prepare “ Manju said as she kept serving Gauri. Gauri just nodded, and looked at Kalpi “ so beta have you thought about getting a job ? “ she asked Kalpi, ‘” Hmmmm…I’m still searching for the right one “ Kalpi said as she glanced back at Raghav and then her plate.

After lunch everyone adjourned to the Great Hall. While everyone was talking and laughing, Kalpi was in the kitchen with Arav. Arav was one of their helpers sons. Kalpi loved spending time with Arav, “ Arav who you like some of didi’s Mango Kulfi ? “ Kalpi asked playfully, “ yes please didi, I love ango kufi “ Arav said in his cute baby tone, he was only 5 and so adorable. Kalpi scooped out a big scoop and handed it to Arav “ here you go “ Kalpi said , “ hanks didi “ Arav replied. Kalpi could not just stop smiling and pinching his cubby little cheeks.

Raghav stood outside the kitchen as was watching Kalpi and Arav play and eat. “ I like her “ Gauri said as she stood beside Raghav as looked at Kalpi. Raghav looked as his mom and just shook his head a head out to the Great Hall. “ I like her, she is perfect for Raghav “ Gauri said to herself and walked way following Raghav.

“ Gauri, come let me give you a tour round the property “ Manju said. For the next 2 hours, Manju showed the Singhania’s her property. Kalpi was walking behind her Dadi and Gauri and smiling and enjoying the view. Raghav walked a few steps behind Kalpi, he noticed that she had a tattoo on her lower neck. A smile crept onto his face, but soon later turned into a frown as Raghav remembered how Kalpi insulted him back in Mumbai. Picking up is pace, Raghav walked passed Kalpi making sure that he brushed “ ever so slightly “ against her shoulders. Kalpi felt Raghav’s shoulder brush and a frown appeared on her face “ what’s his problem “ Kalpi thought. After having a staring completion with Raghav’s back, Kalpi turned and headed back to the house to prepare for her Mujra dance.

After a good trek around the property, Manju, Gauri and Raghav headed back to the house where a dinner feast awaited them, “ Oh my, Manju you shouldn’t have “ Gauri said, surprised at feast on the table. “ Nonsense, you are family. Come let’s eat “  Manju said as she told them to sit.

After a delicious dinner, all three of them adjourned to the garden. There was floor sofa cousins spread out on the lush green grass,  lighting around the garden gave the cozy yet magical feel to the whole setting. “ Oh my, Manju yeh kiya hai ? “ Gauri asked surprised once again. “ I have a little special treat for you two, it’s to welcome you “ Manju said excitedly.

Manju and Gauri occupied one big sofa cousin which left Raghav sitting on the opposite side of the whole place. Raghav was causally sitting ( you know those rich guys sit in the movies, with one leg up and their elbows supporting them…yeh, just imagine Raghav sitting like that :D ) and going though his phone when a spotlight flashed at a staircase…………..

What Raghav saw next…he just could not believe his eyes………….

....................................................................................................................................................................................

So guys I want you to imagne Kalpi being Madhuri Dixit and Raghav being Shahrukh Khan ;)