Chapter Two

Ivy

Finally it was Friday. The week had dragged by slowly and Ivy was exhausted. Her father really needed to sort out managers for his businesses. She honestly didn't mind pitching in when she was needed but with four steady businesses and another one nearing completion, there was just way too much for her to do on her own.

She primarily worked at the clubs garage, Onyx. It was situated directly to the right of the clubhouse and it was one of the first club owned businesses erected. When she came home from college two years previously, she pulled up outside Onyx in her beat up little white Honda to find her dad hidden behind a desk with papers so high she almost left the room in a panic, trying to find well anybody thinking there had been a robbery. It was then that her organisational skills kicked in, she ordered three filing cabinets with overnight delivery and stayed up until everything had its place. She found three chairs in that office that she never knew existed. After straightening up the books, her father had asked her to stay on a little longer while he could find somebody to take the job on full time. That was two years ago and last she'd asked he was "still looking".

Rumbling in her stomach made her realise the time. It was lunch time and she was hungry. Ivy would usually grab something to eat from the diner down the street from Onyx or head up to the clubhouse to eat with the guys. She had tried her best to avoid the clubhouse all week not wanting to bump into Jasper, embarrassed about the whole interaction. Although she thought everyone must know what she was doing because no one had even brought him up in conversation but it was only a matter of time until she was forced to face him again. He knew his way around any vehicle put in front of him, there was no way he wouldn't end up working at Onyx. Sighing whilst taking another look around the small office and deciding there wasn't much more she could do until Monday anyway. She had just completed all the orders, filed every invoice and sans drop ins, they only had a couple more customers booked in for the day. They could do without her for the rest of the day; she needed a break and an early start to the weekend was exactly the way she wanted to achieve it.

Walking through the front of the garage she could see that Max and Bull were busy with a minivan on station three whereas Tiger was just finishing up a service at station one. The garage had four stations for cars and a large open area to the right for motorcycle repairs. The waiting area at the front of the shop was a reception desk and five chairs for customers. The manager's office was situated at the back of the shop behind station one, it had two windows overlooking the shop and you could see the street when there was no vehicle loaded at station one. The only downside was, they only had one employee's toilet and since she'd been working there she'd made sure they always stocked an array of air fresheners, clean towels and soap. She was still working on the guys actually being able to put the seat down; no breakthroughs just yet.

"Tiger! I'm gonna head off for the day if no one needs me, that okay?"

"Yeah girl, enjoy your night out." Ivy and Tiger had a good relationship. He had been the prospect put on babysitting Ivy duty when she had returned to town. It hadn't bothered her that much; she was used to it growing up. In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, he was actually a fun guy to have around, always polite and never moaned when she wanted to watch a chick flick. He took her to play her first game of mini golf; she had absolutely no idea what she was doing but to her he seemed to play like a pro. Safes to say she lost that game and every game since, now that she thought about it. Spending so much downtime at that golf course earned him his road name, Tiger, after a professional golfer named Tiger Woods. He still made a point to spend time with her when he could; she still needed her heart to hearts with someone she trusted and she trusted Tiger with her life.

Ivy thought she had hit the jackpot when her father had introduced them. Tiger was a tall, dark and handsome boy with an athletic swimmers build that made girls fall over their feet just to get a chance to speak to him when they'd first met. He had since gained bulbous biceps but had otherwise remained the same. His silky chestnut hair had grown out which he now kept tied back in a ponytail at work and he had retained the same warm chocolate brown eyes that he had shown up at the clubhouse with on his first day of prospecting. They hadn't hardened with his time spent with the Lost Knights Motorcycle Club like so many others before him. Ivy wondered on more than one occasion how the hell such a sweet guy ended up in a motorcycle club.