Chapter Seventeen

Jasper

"This shit between you two has got to end. You got a problem with each other you take it to the ring. Or better yet, build a fucking bridge and get over it."

Jasper felt as like a naughty school boy standing in front the principal. Spike was pissed. Jasper was pissed too. He completely understood why but it didn't make it any easier to hear. He rather kill the brother standing next to him than break bread with him. However as Jasper already knew, the club came first and now that their squabbling had gotten in the way of club business, they needed to sort their shit out.

"You'll both be paying for replacements of every broken item in the games room out of your own pockets and once we're out of lockdown, you'll both be on prospect duties for a month. Together. Is that clear?"

Both Jasper and Tiger nodded their understanding. As far as Spikes punishments go, it was a fairly lenient one, not that he was complaining at all. He'd take his slap on the wrist silently as long as he got back to his woman sooner rather than later. He couldn't help but feel smug when he looked at the state of Tigers face; two black eyes and a broken nose whereas he only had a few cuts and bruises here and there. Aside from the fact that his fists which were ripped to shreds, he got off pretty lightly.

Spike spent a few minutes assessing both brothers. Jasper wisely remained silent, patiently waiting for his president's next motion.

"Tiger take the rest of the day off. You're no use to the club when you're struggling to see. Phantom will pick up your shift at Ruby's tonight seems as he is the reason you can't make it in."

Jasper's head snapped up at Spike's proclamation. Well there went his evening plans to make it up to Ivy over this afternoon's fuck up. He knew they'd already parted on good terms but he still felt shitty about his part for her injury so he wanted spend the rest of the day showing her exactly how she should be treated.

Spike must have known where his head was because he chuckled to himself before dismissing him, "Don't worry Phantom, my daughter will still be here when you get back. You need to open Ruby's for the cleaners so I suggest you get a move on. Axel will be there to relieve you later tonight."

Jasper headed straight out of the clubhouse not stopping to talk to anyone on the way. He was aware prospect Blake followed him to their bikes. He had to give the kid credit; Blake kept up with him as he barrelled through the gates of the compound and covered the six blocks that separated the club from Ruby's.

After opening up the strip club, he tasked prospect Blake with manning the door, only permitting entrance to Ruby's staff or of course a brother. Jasper made himself useful by making a beeline for the manager's office to review last night's security tapes.

He wasn't sure how long he'd been staring at the computer screen when he'd finished surveying the accelerated footage from the previous twenty four hours. He'd heard the music start up a couple of hours ago so he'd already surmised some of the girls had come into work early to rehearse. He imagined the club was already open so decided to make his way out front where he bumped into Ruby's manager looking extremely flustered.

"Natasha? What's wrong?"

"The bartender has rang in sick and I've just sent one of the girls home because she wasn't looking one hundred per cent so I need to give the schedule a shuffle but I've only got Blake behind the bar. It's getting busy out there which is strange for a Tuesday night. Can you give us a hand while I get this sorted?"

Jasper frowned as he studied Natasha, she was usually so calm and collected that when things went haywire at the strip club she'd take a dep breath and find the solution all while keeping a smile on her face. That why Jasper respected her so much. However today she displayed signs of the beginning of a panic attack. Not needing yet another thing on his plate to resolve he smiled tightly at her.