Chapter Eleven

Ivy

Spike had gathered everyone in the bar area of the clubhouse as was per the usual at the start of a lockdown; she and Jasper were one of the last groups left to arrive. Ivy glanced around the overcrowded room, she knew the brothers saw to everyone's safety but she couldn't help herself seeking out familiar faces and making sure all were accounted for, to ease her own worry.

She smiled when she saw Lottie standing with her parents, Skull and Mary. Magpie's daughter, Penny and Tommy's daughter, Callie were stood together next to them, both girls wore worried expressions, they were both still teenagers and probably didn't remember anything of the last lockdown they attended other than being told they were having a sleepover at the clubhouse.

Ivy saw Smoke standing arms crossed, legs wide apart at the entrance to the clubhouse while Axel was trying to look nonchalant, leaning up against the doorframe that lead to the kitchen. She suspected Jasper would have taken up either one of those positions if he had not been standing directly behind her, keeping her close like he said he would. Her shoulders released some of the tension they had been holding with the knowledge that both exits and more concernedly entrances were covered. Jasper's arm wove its way around her waist as she subconsciously relaxed back against his chest.

Her father cleared his throat, the room fell silent as all looked towards him, "Thank you all for getting yourselves here so quickly on such short notice. I'll try to keep this a short as possible so you can all turn in for the night. In light of new information pertaining to the club, I called for a lockdown merely as a precaution. Nevertheless I would still prefer that the usual lockdown rules are followed. You may roam the open areas of the clubhouse to your hearts content. If you wish to visit the backyard then a brother or a prospect must be notified and present at all times. No one is to leave clubhouse grounds without permission or an escort and all brothers will leave in groups of no fewer than three.

"The clubhouse will be cramped for the duration but let's try to get on with one another especially as we're all more than likely going to be in each other's way at some point. I trust everyone knows where they are staying; the kids' bunk room has been made up already. If anyone has any questions feel free to find me."

As the crowd started to clear Ivy was surprised to see a forlorn Pearl sitting in the corner booth with Dominic who had her sisters sleeping daughter cradled in his arms. The look on Pearl's face made Ivy's stomach tighten, her sister was looking more tired and worn out every time she saw her.

Ivy's feet were already moving towards the trio and before she knew it, she was beside her sister and wrapping her arms around her. Pearl winced as she tugged her closer; Ivy noticed and immediately dropped her arms.

"I'm sorry Pearl, are you hurt?"

"I think I pulled my back in work, I'm off for two weeks now so I'll be fine in a couple of days after some rest. I'm sure." Pearl spoke with a sad, tired smile.

"I'm surprised to see you here but I'm so glad you came; I'd have been so worried if you had stayed at home. Where's Ricky? Did he come in too?" Ivy looked around the room but saw no trace of her sister's husband.

"No he's away on business for the next three weeks, he left early this morning. I haven't spoken to him about this yet. I have no doubt that he won't be happy about it."

Ivy was so absorbed with her sister that she hadn't noticed Jasper, her father and her brother had followed her over and was listening to their conversation. She jumped slightly when her father spoke.

"Ivy. Phantom has informed me that you will be staying with him. I can make other accommodations if this does not suit you?"

Ivy looked towards Jasper before answering, Spike followed her gaze. Jasper's expression was closed off, showing no emotion but she spotted his tell-tale tick as his jaw clenched, choosing to keep his mouth shut with the respect he had for his president. She was certain her father had seen it too because his lips twitched up into a half smile. He had always enjoyed winding Jasper up.