Epilogue

Ivy

... Four months later

"Sweet Pea, please stop crying. It breaks my heart to see you like this."

Ivy's heart was breaking; she'd spent the morning saying good bye to her best friend, a friend who had stayed by her side since her return from hospital providing the first line of protection when Jasper wasn't with her.

She had held it together up until the point when she had to leave; being nearly six months pregnant and her hormones up and down like a rollercoaster ride, she found herself getting emotional over the smallest of things.

"I'm sorry... I'm just... gonna miss him so much."

She wiped her eyes with the palm of her hands taking in a deep breath and trying beyond might to pull herself together. Jasper was trying to cheer her up. He'd taken her to the cliffs and sat with holding her watching the world go by below them until she'd started shivering against the cold and he declared it time to leave.

"I know Sweet Pea but you knew this day would come eventually. He'd been trained for protection Ivy, albeit rather reluctantly but nevertheless he was destined for bigger and better things. You'll see Lucifer soon enough"

Ivy knew he was right but it didn't make it any easier. Still she tried to turn her frown upside down but when he drove past the turning to the clubhouse it returned for entirely different reasons.

"Jas where are we going?"

Jasper peaked at her through a side glace, not willing to take his eyes of the road for a millisecond. He was taking her safety incredibly serious since finding out she was pregnant; Ivy thought it was cute although she would never confess that to Jasper.

"I told you, it's a surprise and if you wait all of thirty seconds you'll find out what it is." He said with a chuckle knowing fully well how little patience she had with surprises.

Ivy grew more curious when he pulled up outside a two story house complete with white picket fence and wrap around porch three blocks away from the compound. Jasper said nothing as he got out of the car and made his way around to the passenger side door to help her out. He led her up the path to the front door, retrieved the key from his jeans pocket and unlocked it. Ivy looked around the street for anyone watching them suspiciously, afraid she was unknowingly a part of a breaking and entering felony.

As if he heard he thoughts clearly Jasper chuckled under his breath while he led her into the house and closed the door behind him; he always had the ability to read her like a book.

Ivy gasped when she notice the interior of open floor plan. The front door opened directly into the lounge. There was a door on her right which she presumed was a closet and a staircase lining the same wall. There was a half wall to give the illusion of the kitchen and dining area being separate, she already knew she'd be able to see everything she could see now if she was stood behind the wall. It was everything she had ever wanted down to the last detail. She was jealous of the homeowner.

"I take it from your silence that you like it?" Jasper evidently thought he'd given her enough time to observe the house.

"It's beautiful. I haven't even seen upstairs but if it's anything like this I know I'll absolutely love it. Whose house is this Jas?"

"Ours." Ivy eyed him sceptically; she wouldn't let herself get excited if he was simply joking around. "It's true. I made the offer last week and got the keys this morning. It's ours Sweet Pea; this is where we're gonna raise our little family."

"You bought us a house?" Ivy asked incredulously. Jasper nodded affirmative and waited for it to sink in.

It didn't take long for Ivy to let out an excited squeal and start bouncing around in happiness.

"Hey, calm down there Ivy. Our little beans aren't ready to born just yet." Jasper had thought all he could see when they'd seen the first scan of their unborn twins was misshapen beans. The nickname had stuck and even though Ivy had hated it at first, it had grown on her until she had started calling them the same nickname herself.

"I can't. You bought us a house."

"I know."

"This was the surprise? Our first house?"

"Not exactly."

His words finally got her to stop jumping around like a mad woman. "There's more?"

"Yep." Jasper whistled. Exactly the same way Max had taught her to when she was helping to train the puppies. She sniffled when she remembered Lucifer was going to his forever home today with his new owners.

Light tapping echoed out throughout the room. She barely had enough time to look up before she saw a black and white blur speeding towards her and skidding to a stop in front of her.

"Luce?" Ivy squatted down to pet Lucifer's head and then his belly when he rolled over. "I thought you said he was going to his new home today?"

"He is. He's yours Sweet Pea. He has been since the day you two met."

Tears welled up in her eyes yet again; she was so sick of crying, before she could thank her ol' man he spoke again.

"Look at what's 'round his neck."

Ivy smiled when spotted the black studded collar, a bone shaped medallion hung from it embossed with the Lost Knight patch and his name engraved on the back.

Twinkling caught her eye when he moved. There was a black ribbon looped around his collar holding a ring.

A diamond ring.

A diamond engagement ring.

And then it all clicked into place. Jasper squatted down next to her and took the ring out of her hands slowly untying it from Lucifer's collar.

"Ivy you are my woman, my old lady, the love of my life and the mother of my children but you've always known I was a greedy bastard. You've already given me so much of yourself yet it's still not enough. I want it all. I want you and our children to have the same last name as me. I want that piece of paper telling the world you're mine. I want my ring on your finger. I want you to be my wife. So what do you say Ivy? You gonna give me the last part of yourself and marry me?"

She took the ring from him and slid it onto her third finger on her left hand, happier than she has ever felt before.

"Of course I'll marry you Jasper. I've been waiting for you to ask."

"I love you Sweet Pea."

"I love you too, Caveman."

"It's you and me, Ivy. You and me."

Ivy couldn't agree more.

The End...

...For Now