Chapter Twelve

Jasper

Childish laughter woke him from one of the best night's sleep he'd had in an extremely long time. His time serving his country was mostly spent behind enemy lines and therefore deep sleeping had become a thing of the past. He couldn't remember a time when he hadn't woken from the faintest of noises yet last night he hadn't woken once. He guessed the source of his tranquillity was currently snuggled into his chest still sleeping soundly wrapped up in his arms. The peaceful look on her face brought a smile to his lips. She was beautiful and she was all his.

The patter of little feet accompanied loud squealing that sounded like it was right outside his door. He felt around for his phone on the bedside table to check the time; seven thirty. It was way too early for most of the clubhouse to be stirring yet one little person seemed intent on waking every fucker up this morning.

"Auntie Vee!" A shrill voice called out from the hallway. There was no guessing who that voice belonged to; Little Miss Jade Edwards.

"Oh god, make it stop." Jasper chucked softly as Ivy rolled away from him to the other side of the bed, snatching the duvet over her head in an attempt to block out the noise.

If there was a single person still sleeping in the entire compound it would be a miracle. Jasper gently pulled away the covers so he could see her face. "I don't think she's gonna go away until she's found you Sweet Pea."

"Auntie Vee! Where are you?" Jade shouted yet again. Yep, everyone must be up now.

Ivy peeled one eye open and squinted at him, "Ugh okay. I'll get up now." Her words contradicted her actions because she fought him for the duvet yet again and buried her face in the pillow. His woman was not a morning person.

Jasper rose from the bed and pulled on a pair of his jeans and a t-shirt he'd left folded over the chair the night before. He smirked to himself and thought of the little girl just outside in the hallway. His woman had one weakness and that was her family. Little Jade was her biggest one of all and he knew she wouldn't ever say no to her.

He opened his bedroom door almost silently, Jade hadn't noticed him yet but she had moved on from shouting to knocking on doors. The mousy brown haired three year old had already made it down one side of the hall and was knocking at the president's, her grandfather's, door before spinning the making her way up the side of the hallway Jasper's door was located. Her face lit up when she saw him, a squeal escaped her lips as she ran full pelt towards him.

"Uncle Tom! Where's Aunty Vee?"

Just then Spike's door at the end of the hallway opened and his president filled the doorway. Jade's back was to her grandfather, seemingly too preoccupied with trying to find her Aunty to notice him anyway. His red rimmed eyes suggested that he hadn't gone to bed after they'd left him last night but instead stayed up staring into the bottom of a bottle, no doubt worrying about not only about the club but his two daughters as well. He needed a few more hours sleep to be able to face the world bright eyed and bushy tailed and if Jasper could do that for his president then it was the least he could do.

Squatting down in front of Jade who waited patiently for acknowledgement, he gave her his full attention.

"Shhh Jade girl, you're gonna wake the whole clubhouse and then you'll have all the brothers mad at you." Jasper chuckled and tapped her on her little button nose.

"They'll never be mad at me Uncle Tom."

Intrigued, Jasper felt his mouth tug up on one side as a grin threatened to overtake his face; no one tore these men away from their beds without complaint unless it was their president calling. "Why's that Jade?"