Chapter Eight

Jasper

The rest of the week was uneventful, the club had increased security at both Diamond's and Ruby's since the two break ins. Spike had declared that for the foreseeable future every night at least two brothers would be at Diamond's, two at Ruby's making sure the girls got to their cars without interruption and regular drive byes would be made to Sapphire's and the site where Emerald's was starting to take shape. Every brother had to step up to put in their hours so Jasper was heading straight over to Ruby's as soon as he finished work until someone arrived to relieve him.

The tension at the clubhouse was palpable. Hermes was stilling working tirelessly night and day on figuring out the identity of the only guy caught on their security footage. With so little to go on Hermes had no joy yet so everyone was restless, unwilling to relax until the source of the disruptions was revealed and dealt with.

Jasper learned that every Friday everyone at the garage would take lunch an hour early to accommodate the early finish everyone took advantage of. Usually Onyx was open from eight o'clock in the morning to six o'clock in the evening however on a Friday the garage doors shut at four o'clock in the afternoon. So at eleven thirty every brother downed tools and headed to the clubhouse for food leaving Prospect Blake holding down the fort.

Jasper was trailing behind because he'd gone to check in the office for Ivy, in an attempt to get her to joining him for their lunch break. However the office was empty. He found it strange because he hadn't seen her leave.

Opening the clubhouse door, he smiled when he smelled home cooking. At the clubhouse the brothers usually fended for themselves, meaning they would survive on readymade meals or take out. When Jasper first returned, Rose had told him his old room at home was still available to him any time he wanted it. He had taken her up on the offer while he recovered from his beat down from Spike, Zeus, Reaper and Raptor. He was surprised to find his old room exactly how he'd left it; he had stayed at the house in the hopes that Ivy would make an appearance. He hadn't seen her once in that time but Rose had fed him a home cooked meal every day without fail.

With the recent threats to the club, staying at the clubhouse was the obvious choice considering the unsociable hours he was currently keeping. It was also easier to just roll out of bed and simply stroll across the yard to his day job; definitely a plus.

"Jasper. I haven't seen you all week." Petite warm arms caught him in a soft embrace. Lavender and rose filled his nose as he returned the hug and kissed the cheek of the woman who wore the same scent as her namesake.

"It's been a little busy around here lately Aunt Rose, it's just been easier to crash at the clubhouse." Growing up a club brat he used to refer to every brother and old lady as uncle and auntie, of course that was something he soon outgrew when he decided to start prospecting. However the president's old lady practically raised him, always taking him in whenever his father and Spike were on a run. The first and only time he called her 'Rose', her smiled had slipped and a sad expression marred her pretty face while her deep chocolate eyes glistened with unshed tears therefore Jasper always tried to make the effort to always include the 'Aunt' when talking to her; he would never want to intentionally hurt the woman's feelings.

"I know." She sighed heavily. "Just don't forget where I am okay? Bring my daughter with you too; I never see that girl anymore. She's so busy all the time, rushing everywhere she goes. Hurry up and tie her down, maybe then she'll settle and start to enjoy life."

Jasper chuckled. If only it was that easy.

"You seem to think I have some sort of influence over Ivy. You and I both know your daughter is as head strong and stubborn as her father. She does what she wants in spite of anyone else's opinion."