Chapter Twenty One

Ivy

A pounding headache woke her from her sleep. Ivy groaned as déjà vu reared its ugly head again as once more she woke up in darkness with an aching back and a stiff neck. At least they didn't forcefully knock her out this time. She felt sick to her stomach and when she thought back to when she'd last eaten, it growled in protest. Ivy's hand flew to her throat when she swallowed and finally noticed how raw her throat felt.

Her heart sunk into her boots when she heard menacing chuckling echoed through the room. "You thirsty Princess?"

Shock registered that she hadn't noticed someone else in the room with her. It suddenly dawned on her how weak she was, her reactions were getting slower and while she tried to stamp down the panic rising over ever getting a chance to escape, her reactions were slowing down. Ivy began to answer him with one of her smart assed replies but instead nearly coughed up a lung.

A full bottle landed in her lap. Ivy didn't care who had given it to her nor was she worried about anyone watching her grab for something so desperately. With shaky hands she brought the now open bottle to her mouth; she could have cried when as the first droplets of warm water touched her lips. Ivy was surprised that these guys had anything here other than beer or hard liquor so the fact that they'd given her a bottle of water shocked the shit out of her; she didn't even care that it wasn't cold.

She couldn't help the groan that escaped her mouth after she downed half the bottle in one gulp. She left the other half just in case it was three more days until received another one.

"I bet you have all the men in your daddy's club wrapped around your little finger don't you? Especially if those are the noises you make around them."

If she was unsure about who the man in the room was moments ago, she was certain now. Rattail. Or Bruiser as Dexter had called him earlier? Yesterday? Last week?

Ivy had no way of telling the time. She couldn't quite believe she'd been out for two days last time so she didn't even bother guessing what day it was this time she awoke. She cleared her throat testing it before addressing him.

"How long have I been out for this time?" She'd avoid answering his question at all costs.

"Don't worry Sleeping Beauty it's only been a few hours." His words were kind but the predatory gleam in his eye was anything but.

"What are you doing here? You clearly don't need to babysit me. I'm not going anywhere; I'm chained to the fucking wall."

Frustration and fear over the whole situation had Ivy's temper rising yet Rattail simply found her amusing. His shoulders shook accompanying his full belly laughter as he sat wiping his eyes when he calmed down.

"I like that you've still got spirit. I'm gonna enjoy breaking you." A wide sinister grin was suddenly plastered on his face as if he just had the best idea of his life. "Dexter said I couldn't touch you until after we've killed your father but what he doesn't know won't hurt him, will it?"

Rattail shifted from his place on the metal chair to slide in right beside her on the bed. Ivy shuffled away from him as fast as she could only stopping when she felt the cold brick wall bite into her back. Her attempt was fruitless because Rattail continued his pursuit until his body was plastered against hers.

"I like the look of you in chains Princess; I think I might keep you in them when I get you home."

Ivy almost gagged at the putrid smell of his breath. Her skin crawled as he dragged his fingers up her arm until he grabbed at her neck leaving a stinging pain in their wake. Trapped where she lay, Ivy fought with everything she had the inner panic to remain still waiting for an opportunity to make her move. She couldn't however keep her head still when he dropped his near hers. He chuckled when she swung her head to face the wall leaving her neck vulnerable.