Chapter Twenty Five

Jasper

The three weeks after they got Ivy back had been a blur. Jasper had managed to keep her in bed resting for all of a day. He shouldn't have been surprised but he had hoped she would take it easy for a little longer. Once he had her back in his arms Jasper hadn't planned on letting her out of his sight anyway but now they'd found out she was pregnant, his protective streak was at an all-time high. If he couldn't be with her personally then a brother was. He wasn't messing around with prospect babysitting duties again because he couldn't bear to think the unimaginable happening again.

Of course that left Ivy with more questions than ever before yet Jasper was reluctant to answer them. He'd promised her he would try his best to be as open and honest with her that he could possibly be without compromising the club. A fact she constantly reminded him when she was aware he was holding something back nevertheless he struggled parting with information he deemed worrisome. He was working on it though and he realised how lucky he was to have a woman who had patience enough for him to work through his shit.

Certain things however she wouldn't let go. She'd broken down one night because she remembered Jasper being shot, she'd finally confided in Jasper that the image of him spread out on the floor with a blood soaked chest played on repeat every time she closed her eyes. That paired with what she overheard Spike and Rose talking about when she was in hospital made her all the more confused.

Jasper had confessed he had been detained at the police station as soon as he was released from hospital care. He had turned up with a gunshot wound carrying a beaten up unconscious girl; the hospital had no option other than to report it. Jasper understood it but it didn't mean he was pissed off any less by being wrenched away from his woman.

With no charges possible to press they held him for the standard forty eight hours before letting him go. Jasper had no doubt they would be watching the Lost Knights closely for the foreseeable future.

Jasper however refused to tell Ivy what went down after she'd hit lights out at the abandoned asylum. She didn't need to know Jasper tore apart the guy who had his hands on her nor did he need her worrying about the fact that both Dexter and Nix had deserted their own brothers and were nowhere to be found.

Ivy had remained tight lipped about the time she'd been forced away from him. She'd answered their questions as evasively as she could until they decided to let her talk to them in her own time. Jasper only had one burning question that couldn't wait, he'd seen bruises littering her breasts and thighs and he needed to know how she acquired them. She'd confirmed what Jasper and his team found in her cell was exactly what they'd thought. She didn't go into details but assured him that even though it was close she'd stopped it from going all the way.

He still didn't know how he did it but he remained calm enough to sooth her back to sleep that night then slowly extracted himself from her arms and made his way down to the ring after asking Tiger to guard his door. It took five brothers to work out his frustration that night, he was grateful to each and every one but that didn't stop him taking it out on any and every body part his fists encountered.

Spike had finally told Ivy who we lost that night. Magpie's death had hit her hard. She held it together around Magpie's old lady Penny and his daughter Lillie, running around with all the other old ladies trying to make the time easier on both so they could grieve in peace.

Magpie's funeral took place exactly a week after he died. Ivy's shoulder had healed enough to be out of the sling and her bandages were removed so Jasper couldn't argue his case for her to stay home even if he wanted to. Sphinx and his brother's came back down to pay their respects to one of the Lost Knight founders even though they were grieving themselves.