Chapter Ten

Jasper

Walking through the clubhouse door hand in hand with Ivy, Jasper felt each and every eye in the room directed at them well before he looked up to confirm his gut instinct. Every brother was already present either sitting by the bar or on the worn leather couches in the common room. Clearly Jasper was the last to arrive. A loud short sharp whistle sounded - Spike's signal for everyone to make their way into the meeting room that held church.

Jasper spun on his heel facing Ivy, his free hand tilled her face up towards his so he could stare into her doe like eyes looking for a hint of how she was really doing. At first glance all anyone would see was indifference but Jasper knew Ivy all too well and he saw the flicker of fear that she wasn't quite quick enough to hide from him. It was obvious to him that she was determined to appear unaffected but from the way she held her body rigid and full of tension, he could tell she was anything but.

"I need you to stay in the clubhouse Sweet Pea. Don't leave. I'll take you home myself after church and we'll continue our day as if we never even had an interruption. I just need you to promise me you'll be here waiting for me when church let's out."

"Okay, I'll be here Jas."

The fact that she so easily agreed was another red flag that she wasn't doing as well as she appeared; Ivy usually found any reason to argue with him when she thought he was being overbearing. This shit with the Disciples needed to get straightened out immediately. He didn't like witnessing worry on his woman.

"Okay", he repeated before he kissed her forehead and headed into church.

Jasper placed his cell phone into the wooden box held by Prospect Ryan standing in front of the double doors of the meeting room and took his seat to the right of Reaper. Once every brother had made their way in, Ryan closed the doors from the outside and Spike brought Church to order.

"Thanks for everyone coming in on such short notice. Phantom has stumbled across some information about the Disciples that we all need to hear." Spike nodded at him in an invitation to speak.

Jasper cleared his throat the dived straight into what had happened earlier in the day. "This afternoon Ivy and I were at the circus in a town just outside Fairbeach, it was neutral territory before any of you ask, I checked when I bought the tickets. Anyway we were getting ready to leave when a kid, must have been late teens, clearly high on something sat down at our table. He must have noticed the cut and insulted the Knights and insinuated the Vicious Disciples had something big planned to take us down."

Murmurs and mutters filled the room before Spike brought the table to order once again. Jasper continued, "I sent Ivy and his girl away from us but remained in eyesight before I interrogated him further. He confirmed that the Disciples were behind the break ins and they're planning to take something from us; that we're not gonna realise what we've lost until it gone. Apparently it's going to happen whilst we are distracted with trying to figure out who is behind the attacks."

"He say what they're supposedly gonna take?" Reaper spoke up once it was clear Jasper had finished talking.

"Nah, he said he didn't know what it was other than it being big. He took a beating that had him singing like a canary, I'm positive he told me all he knows."

"It's got to be drugs or guns. What else would we miss?" Dominic questioned.

"Territory?" Axel answered.

"Yeah, could be. When I'd finished and went to get Ivy to leave I overheard the girlfriend telling her both of his brothers were in the club and pressurising him to join. I'm assuming the club she was talking about were the Disciples. We don't know much about the members themselves only about the club's reputation because they're so small and have never caused us any trouble after the truce was formed. That's why I asked Hermes to find out everything about this guy from the info I got from his driving licence."