Chapter Four

Ivy

Death. It was the only explanation for her head to be in so much pain. Her eyelids were so heavy she was almost afraid to open them. Okay she thought, the only way to do this was rip-the-Band-Aid-off style; she pulled up her metaphorical big girl panties and braced herself for the pain she knew was going to follow.

One, two, three, open.

Nope.

The blinding light that filled the room informed her that she forgot to close the curtains when she came home last night. Come to think about it she couldn't actually remember returning home last night. She let out a strangled groan and slung an arm over her eyes in an attempt to keep the light out. It must have been one hell of a drinking session. She thought back, trying to piece together the events of her evening. It just made her head hurt so she simply kept her eyes closed and sank back under the covers of her comfy bad.

Deep manly chuckles pounded her head like a sledgehammer.

What the fuck? Did she bring someone home with her? She couldn't have been that out of it surely. She was too scared to look.

"You still don't do mornings, do ya Sweet Pea."

Her headache was already forgotten. She shot up into a sitting position and swung her head to the right so fast she nearly gave herself whiplash. She was greeted with the familiar mirth filled cerulean blue eyes that had wormed their way into her dreams of late.

"Please tell me this isn't happening. I have got to be dreaming." She almost whimpered as the pinch she gave to her left arm didn't snap her out of the nightmare she had found herself in.

"How did you manage to talk your way into my bed Jasper?"

"Take a look around Sweet Pea, I'm not in your bed. You're in mine."

Snapping her head up and surveying her surroundings, it quickly dawned on her that he was right; she was not at her apartment but she did recognise the room she was in. Her stomach lurched and she couldn't quite tell if it was from the hangover she seemed to have inflicted on herself or the realisation of where she was.

"My parents' house? You brought me back to my parents' house! Why in the hell would you do that?" She was already up on her feet pacing. Fuck. How was she going to get out without them seeing her? Could she get to her old room without anybody noticing and just say she spent the night here. Technically she wouldn't be lying. Why wasn't she in her old room though? Why was she in bed with Jasper? "Oh God. Oh God. Oh God. Why did I wake up in your bed Jas? What happened?" She perched herself on the edge of the bed as she felt the beginnings of a panic attack take hold; fantastic.

"Nothing happened between us Ivy. I would never take advantage of you whilst you are drunk. When you're sober though, all bets are off." He answered with an playful glint in his eye trying to inject some humour into the situation.

"W-what?"

"You were really drunk last night and I wasn't prepared to leave you at the club in that condition when I could easily bring you home. This place was closer than yours." He lifted his shoulder in a nonchalant shrug. When she raised an eyebrow for him to elaborate he sighed, "I took my bike out with me and you had some balance issues so I thought that this was the best place to get you to. It was either here or the compound. I figured you'd be more comfortable here."

"Okay but that still doesn't explain why I'm in your bedroom and wearing your shirt."

"Your parents were babysitting Jade last night and you know she likes to sleep in your room whether you're in there with her or not. So that's how you ended up here. I gave you my shirt so you wouldn't have to sleep in your dress. Nothing happened here Sweet Pea, you snuggled into me while you were sleeping like you have always done but that's it, I promise you."