Chapter Six

Ivy

Monday mornings were always busy. Onyx wasn't the only garage in town but it definitely had the best reputation. Most customers were happy to pay more for a better vehicle service if they could withstand the intimidating bikers. There was always a select few that thought they could kick up a fuss and get it cheaper if they made a scene, a fact that never went down well with any of the guys and Johnny was always the first one to blow. That's how Ivy found herself in between her brother and customer one hour into her first shift of the week.

Shoving her hand against his chest she hissed, "Rein it in Johnny. He's just a kid." She flicked her eyes over to the boy who couldn't have been more than seventeen; he looked like he was regretting trying his luck by haggling about the price already and was desperately trying to find the quickest way out of the situation he found himself in.

Turning her attention back to her brother, "Can I try and rectify this without worrying about you?" Johnny glared at the customer then nodded his head once, spun on his heel headed to the office and slammed the door shut. Ivy swore if she found a single thing out of place in her office she'd tear him a new one.

Surprisingly the kid was easier to deal with than she'd first anticipated. He paid and was ready to go within fifteen minutes with a detailed itemized receipt and no further complaints. He had even gained the confidence to ask Ivy out on a date, she laughed uncomfortably before explaining the she didn't date the customers. He had soon high-tailed it out of the place as if his ass was on fire. She found herself declining those invitations almost daily at work yet guys never approached her when she was out and about. She supposed it was because she was the only female that worked in the garage. Pivoting around to head towards the office she bumped straight into Tiger's broad chest; he was standing directly behind her like a bodyguard. Well that explained the kid's swift exit then.

Ivy found Johnny rifling through the filing cabinets when she made it back into the office. She closed the door quietly and leaned back against it waiting patiently for him to acknowledge her. They both had such similar temperaments that they often clashed but in situations like these they both knew how to handle the other; he would talk when he was ready and she didn't have to wait long for him to speak.

"It's been a long night okay?" Ivy had already noticed that his eyes sported dark circles and he looked like he had gotten only a few hours of sleep if any. She arched an eyebrow expecting a better explanation. He sighed and double checked the door was shut. "Look most of us got called out last night." He forestalled her before she could even open her mouth by holding his hand up, "Before you ask, I can't tell you anything about it; club business. What I will say is both Raptor and Bull are out today and dad told Phantom and Smoke to come in later this afternoon because they both stayed out longer than the rest of us. So it's just us, Tiger, Max and prospect Gabe this morning."

No wonder he was strung so tight, the prospect of a busy morning with only three mechanics and one apprentice was daunting. Onyx was the one club business that had the most members working for it because her father refused to hire outside of the club unlike the other businesses, leaving the garage short on staff when the shit hit the fan with the club.

Johnny was still searching the filling cabinet when Ivy halted him with a hand to his arm. "If you just tell me what you're looking for. I can get it for you and I'll still have a clean office."

He smirked at her obsessively organised ways. "Dad won't be in today to talk the boys through the contracts he gets everyone to sign. He told me to ask you to do them for him; you probably know more about them than him anyway."

"Yeah okay, I keep the blank ones with the employee ones in the top desk drawer anyway. You wanna get back out there before it gets too busy, while I get things straight in here?"