Chapter Seven

Jasper

Besides arriving four hours late, his first day at work was fairly uneventful. Both Jaspers and Smokes extra pair of hands were greatly appreciated and they were thrown into the thick of it immediately. With only three mechanics working the morning, a domino like effect knocked every appointment back at least an hour causing complaints from impatient customers. After struggling to reign in his formidable temper with the first prick that started kicking off over the waiting time, Jasper left Tiger to deal with the customers; apparently he was good at that shit.

Jasper was still undecided on the guy. He'd only met Tiger as a full patched brother recently; he was still a prospect the last time he and Smoke were home. Ivy had returned looking flustered and flushed and when she'd taken her first look at the back office Jasper heard an exasperated groan, obviously she had spotted the size of the paperwork stack from the busy day they'd had.

He wanted to check in with her; it should have been a perk of the job but Tiger had beaten him to the punch. He had taken her a cup of coffee and shut the door behind him fifteen minutes ago and subsequently found himself on Jasper's shit list.

Jasper had been trying to loosen the same bolt for the past ten minutes when his cell phone rang; he answered without checking the caller ID.

"What!"

"Are you with my daughter?" Jasper pulled his phone away from his ear and looked at the screen; Spike.

What type of question was that? Deciding honesty was the best policy where Ivy was concerned he replied, "Not yet but I'm not exactly giving up. I think we made some headway on the weekend. Why?"

"Jesus Christ Phantom. I meant are you in the same building as her; she's not answering my calls."

Feeling a little stupid he cleared his throat before responding. "Uh yeah Prez, she's in the office with Tiger."

"Be there in five." With those last words, he hung up. Spike didn't believe in beating around the bush.

Sure enough Spike was striding through the garage five minutes later. Various nods and greetings of acknowledgement followed him to the back office. He knocked on the door once and left it open while he went inside. Tiger left the office shortly after closing the door behind him.

Always one to know what's going on around him, Jasper called out to Tiger. "Yo, you know what that's all about brother?"

"I'm sure you'll find out soon enough."

Tiger's cryptic response did nothing but piss him off. Glaring at him before glancing at the clock on the wall he noticed that there was only an hour left of the work day. He wouldn't have to wait long however it was well known that Jasper didn't possess much patience if not any at all.

Spike emerged from the office when Jasper was just finishing up with his last repair of the day. Jasper watched as his President spoke in hushed tones with his Sargent At Arms then left without further word to anyone else. This wasn't strange behaviour from Spike but Jasper's gut told him something else had happened and it involved the mess of last night.

It was confirmed when Reaper checked the area for civilians before yelling, "Church in twenty minutes. Finish up what you're doing and head up to the clubhouse." He joined his sister in the office and was still there when Jasper left the garage.

The spacious room they used for church was on the first floor on the clubhouse, right at the back where the offices were located. A long dark stained oak table stretched the length of the room surrounded by long backed leather black chairs. Flags, memorabilia and pictures of the club founders and their successors littered the hallowed walls around them. Other than the ring, church was the one space where only patched members were permitted and not to be disturbed. Cell phones were placed in a wooden box provided at the doors by whatever prospects were standing guard.