Chapter Twenty

Jasper

Two and half days.

It was now Friday and Ivy had been gone for a total of sixty hours and even though they'd spent tiresome hours in the control room whittling down a list of properties she might be, without actually raiding the places they were no closer to finding her than they'd been two days ago.

Jasper had wanted to tear every place on their list apart searching for her yet Spike continuously held him back. Jasper's gut told him she was close and his gut instinct was hardly ever wrong but this time he was putting all his faith in his president to bring his woman home safe.

The previous evening Spike had called church again to discuss the plan for today's meeting with the Disciples. Spike would honour Grave's demand that only the top three officers would set foot on the old Gunner's farm but that demand only went as far as the property line. The Lost Knights would have a show of force stretching the entire length of the east side of the property.

Sphinx had turned up Wednesday night bringing ten brothers and two prospects with him. Add those to the brothers already here brought the Lost Knights total up to twenty six full patched and five prospects between both chapters; outnumbering the Disciples two to one if things went to shit.

They were leaving a skeleton crew of four brothers and three prospects behind to protect the women and children should they need it. They didn't expect a raid at the compound when the enemy already had their hands on one of theirs but it always paid to be careful.

Tommy and Prospects Gabe and Lucky were holding down the fort along with Sphinx's brothers' Dragon, Glock and Fox. Their prospect Henry made up the seven that were staying behind.

Jasper and most of the brothers leaving were stood around in the bar ready to roll out on Spike's command. With so many brothers arriving in town to help out, space was limited. Most were sleeping on the couches or had brought sleeping bags to lay out on the floor of the bar. Everyone was on top of each other and there nowhere to go to get a morsel of privacy around the clubhouse. Something that the women were struggling with but no one would dare complain about.

Lottie, Skull and Mary's daughter was sat on a bar stool next to Jasper talking to someone on her cell phone. He didn't have a lot to do with the girl personally but he knew she and Ivy were close.

"Look I know I said I have time to talk now but my dad is leaving earlier than expected so I need to go help out with the kids. . . No . . . Yes. . . Yeah I'll call you later when I get some time to myself. . . Okay. . . I love you too, Bye."

Lottie ended her call and buried her head in her fore arms on the bar. She groaned in exasperation; Jasper guessed her boyfriend had been on the other end. Lockdown always brought strain on a relationship outside of the MC.

"Trouble in paradise?" Jasper asked her, trying to take his mind off Ivy's disappearance for a couple of minutes to stop him going off on his own and getting her back himself.

Lottie raised her head slowly to give him her attention.

"No. He just doesn't understand the club I guess. I can't just leave anytime I want or pick up the phone whenever he calls especially if I'm helping out in the kitchen or with the kids. I don't think he gets that everyone here is my family and we come together when things like this happen. He can be a bit overbearing sometimes. Anyway that's enough about me. Do we have any news on Ivy? How are you holding up?"