Chapter Twenty Two

Jasper

As soon as they pulled up in the compound and made it through the doors of the clubhouse, Spike was calling church. Jasper understood the need to update the brother's on the meeting with Grave and they all needed to get the lowdown on what happened with Max, Bull and the rat, Sam but that didn't mean he had to like it.

Jasper made his way through the bar, his signature scowl etched on his face not stopping to talk to anyone while he made a beeline for the room they exclusively held church. However as he was passing through his president's office, Spike gestured for him to wait aside for him. Spike finished comforting his old lady as much as he could before Rose left the room blearily eyed and red faced. It was only after she left did Spike turn his attention to Jasper.

"Son, I know you wanna go out there and get answers immediately. Don't get me wrong so do I but we have to play this smart. I can't let you or I go in there and lose either of our tempers, jeopardising any little morsel of information he has on our girl. What happens in that out shed could make all the difference to what it takes to find her."

As much as Jasper wanted to disagree with him, he was slowly realising Spike was right. He didn't want anything to come in the way of finding Ivy and that included himself. So he nodded affirmative ready to head into church.

However Spike wasn't finished. "I don't think I can trust myself on this either so I'm letting you know beforehand I intend on letting Reaper take the reins on this one."

Jasper wasn't sure Reaper was the best choice considering how close he and Ivy were. "Do you think he can do it? He is her only brother after all's said and done."

"I don't think any of us can stay so far removed from the situation when she's so ingrained into our lives. Reaper hasn't cracked yet so I'm putting my faith in him. If he fails then you get your go. Until then, you wait."

Jasper didn't think he'd be able to stop even if Sam with still keeping his mouth shut and that wouldn't be any good for his brothers or Ivy. "With all due respect Spike, I think I should be kept as a last resort. I'm not sure I can hold back from killing the fucker."

"Dually noted. You'll get your chance Phantom."

Jasper looked up at the man who took him in when his own father died and left him alone. He felt like he was fifteen years old again admitting his inner most fears. "I just need her back. I don't know what I'm gonna do if I lose her again."

Spike gave him a sympathetic look and Jasper knew he was feeling exactly the same. "I know Son, so do I. Come on the sooner we get to church the sooner we'll speak to the rat."

With a firm hand placed on Jasper's shoulder Spike led him into church. As they were the last ones in Spike closed and locked the door behind them. Being an officer of the club Jasper's seat was vacant and waiting for him. The rest of the seats were taken up by Sphinx and his officers leaving the other brothers standing against the walls waiting for Spike to bring their meeting to order.

Spike brought the gavel down and any lingering chattering seized. "I just want to start by formally thanking Sphinx for bringing in his charter to help us out." Sphinx inclined his head toward Spike, both presidents knowing they would do whatever they could to help the other as they had so many times in the past.

"Grave thought out little meeting today was us backing down about the Disciples pushing product on our streets. When I asked him about the break ins our businesses have endured over the last few weeks he seemed surprised to hear about them, Falcon too. Their VP however didn't show any indication that this was the first he had heard about it. In fact Grave got quite defensive about it.