Chapter Fifteen

Jasper

The men looked at each other, unease written over they're faces. No one liked the idea that a brother had turned against them. Jasper wracked his brain, working through his mental list of members not present trying to figure out who was the most likely to turn rat.

"As much as I don't like the thought, that is the exact conclusion Tommy and I came to this morning. This is why we're having an officers meeting right now and not church. We need to decide whether we're keeping it between us for now or letting the cat out of the bag that we know in was in house."

A murmur broke the silence of the room as each brother debated the pros and cons of keeping quiet between themselves. Smoke's voice pulled Jasper out of his musings.

"Phantom, you're gonna want to take a look at this brother."

Smoke handed him Tommy's phone, the images of the morning already loaded on the screen from the other brother's viewings. Jasper counted three in total as he flicked through them. One picture was clearly a shot from the door way, it wasn't close enough to see what was scattered on the ground but he could see the scene in its entirety; the next was a close up of the debris, showing leaves and branches littering the front of the reception and the last photo was a zoomed in image of the ripped note with the dagger holding it in place.

The note read: 

Hold her close while you still can because you never know when she's gonna disappear.

Jasper flicked through the photos three times searching for something he knew he was missing. Hold her close while you still can? Who were they referring to? The club like all motorcycle clubs give or take a one or two exceptions was made up of solely male members.

Something instantly clicked and he rushed to recheck the second photo, dragging his thumb and index finger wider across the screen enlarging the image. In his haste to read the message left on the counter, he looked but didn't see what the photo was showing him. What he had originally dismissed as leaves and branches were actually vines. Vines of ivy. Jasper took a sharp intake of breath at the realisation before his temper started rising exponentially.

His head snapped up to find every brother in the room staring at him. Smoke, Tommy and Spike's identical furious expressions told him that they had already worked out who the threat was aimed at but the others needed enlightening.

"Ivy," Jasper growled.

One word was all he needed to say for the others to catch up. Jasper's breathing became shallower, his muscles tightened with tension and when the red mist clouded his vision he knew he was losing his grip on his temper. His eyes searched around the cramped office for something he could throw or punch or kick to release some of the anger boiling inside him but came up short so he settled on the door instead.

He pulled his arm and rained his fists on Spike's wooden office door until his knuckles were split and bloody and the door was splintered and barely hanging onto its hinges.

"You done son?"

Not by a long shot but it had taken the edge off. Jasper nodded once in his president's direction silently confirming that the rest of his office was safe, well at least from himself. Spike gave him a look that conveyed, 'I knew when you lied about sneaking out of the house to go to parties in high school and I know you're lying now.' But just like when he was he was fifteen, Spike didn't call him out on it; he simply stated what Jasper's next actions should be.

"Reign that shit in by the time you see my daughter. We clear?"

"Yes Sir."

"Let's get back to business, shall we? What are your thoughts on holding back that we know who their target is until we figure out our rat?" This was why Spike was president. He could ask a question without revealing what he wanted until everyone else had spoken. He could shut off his emotions and think a situation through on what was best for the club. Jasper would never be able to do that when Ivy was involved, that's why he would never want the position. He was a soldier through and through and that's just the way he liked it.