uǝǝʇɟᴉɟ

"this is a warning, so use your brain before I—"

𝐣𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐨 ఌ

𓂀𑁍𓂀

After that, Yoongi and Jennie left because they will be preparing for the wedding already. I was so happy for them and I want to go with Jennie and buy a gown with her already but then I remember I still have to make an appearance to the company.

I did my usual morning rituals and dressed up for the day and left my house. I was shy to call my manager to pick me up so I just went to work on my own instead.

As I arrived, I immediately came across with my manager. Upon seeing me, her eyes went wide and went towards me and leaving the person she was talking to.

"Yah! I was very worried about you."

"I'm sure you do, Manager Unnie. Can you accompany me to sajang-nim?" I asked.

"I'll be glad to do so!"

At the office of the CEO, I stayed quiet as my manager was the first one to engage in a conversation with the CEO.

CEO-nim looked a little serious though, that's why I feel a little nervous. I was always at work and never skipped any day even if I'm feeling ill, I would always get up to work. So, I know how surprised and worried they probably were when I didn't went to work and did not even inform them early.

"Ahh you see, CEO-nim. We all know Jisoo-ah doesn't ditch work, right? She never does that. She may really have be in pain yesterday. Aigoo, our poor Jichu--"

"Isn't Jisoo the one who needs to talk to me and not you." The CEO said, cutting off Manager Unnie's words. Manager didn't need to be told twice and she immediately kept quiet.

"Ahh, CEO-nim. I am deeply sorry for my absence yesterday without telling. I promise that it won't happen again. I will also not forget to inform you of my absence as early as possible. I apologize." I said politely before bowing down.

"Alright. You are forgiven. You have your reasons. Is that all what you want to say?"

"I also request for a two-day absence." I stated.

"What?!" Both the CEO and my manager yelled.

"Yah, what are you talking about? We have to settle the last of everything before Christmas Eve!" My manager reminded.

"Well, Christmas Eve is indeed near. That's why I want to take a break for 3 days and come back on the 26th. I just--I have personal reasons and I rarely ask to take a day off." I explained, "So can I?"

Both my CEO and manager sighed heavily. Base on their facial expression, I could tell they have no choice. It is true that I rarely ask for anything especially taking a day off. I even refuse to properly celebrate my birthday and my parents' death anniversary.

I always comply on my work because that is what I want to do back then. To let myself drown in work instead of drowning into sadness and overthinking.

"Well, yes I guess. I'll give you the day off tomorrow and the next day. There's no work on the 25th so you will come back on the 26th. And if makes you feel better, we won't give you too much schedules around this time. We don't know what is happening, but you will need to rest so that when the new year comes, you can promote your upcoming drama properly. You'll undergo a lot of interviews, remember that."

As the CEO said those words, my manager also took note of them. I thanked them for being considerate. I really need it. As much as I want to work, my mind is incapable of focusing these days. It always seem flying somewhere else.