uǝǝʇuǝʌǝs

a senseless punishment

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 ఌ

𓂀𑁍𓂀

trigger warning:
again, there are a few parts in this chapter that is composed of violence that are not suitable for the weak-hearted and for the younger audience. please read with caution and read at your own risk. you have been warned.

Up until now, Jisoo is still shaking in fear because of the incident that happened just awhile ago. She surely thought that it's her end. Who wouldn't be afraid if you witnessed such a horrifying scene?

She panicked first before even trying to calmly do something about the situation. It was so impulsive of her to just come out and just shout at them to stop. As if they were going to stop with just her words.

It is so unbelievable. Jisoo knew that the two are not human at all, but she didn't know that they are beasts who satisfy their hunger with humans. If it wasn't for Angel Roseanne, she really is done for.

Meanwhile, Roseanne observes Jisoo while she was waiting for the water to boil. She didn't need to question her. She is traumatized. She came in the right time and was able to guard the woman successfully.

Roseanne hears a click, meaning the water has boiled now and is ready. She helps herself and made tea for the two of them. Once she was done, she takes the seat beside Jisoo and offers the tea in which Jisoo gladly accepts with shaking hands.

It was silent. Roseanne didn't break the silence and wants to stay it as that. She want Jisoo to break the silence once she is ready to do so. For sure, Roseanne knows what Jisoo will ask anyway so she doesn't need to pressure her to ask about it.

The two stayed silent for about half an hour. Jisoo's shaking hands had stop, but the woman is surely still scared and traumatized. But she finally calmed down for now.

"W-what are they?" JISOO asked-- almost breathless, finally breaking the silence.

ROSEANNE answered, "A Cannibalistic Murderer and a Demonic Child, although she is not a demonic child anymore. I bet she still acts like a child though."

Jisoo stayed silent again, now it made sense to her. How the two acted back at Seokjin's palace and how they acted awhile ago at the tunnel. Lisa's words earlier made sense. They were something inhumane.

It made Jisoo wonder if Seokjin was true with his words. Maybe Seokjin is a lot horrifying considering that he was practically worshipped. But Jisoo didn't want to think that he is telling the truth. Her thoughts are mixed and confused. She was glad that she was able to ask for a break from the company.

"I told you, Jisoo. You are not just a human. You are someone special. You see danger whenever you take a look in the mirror. And I think, you seem to think of looking into the mirror lately." ROSEANNE said. "I told you this is your fate. You are our wild card. A lucky card. A secret card that the most evil of spirits didn't know we could use to destroy them. If you want to prevent these things from happening, you have to accept your fate then.

I know I shouldn't be pressuring you. You should think about it. But you see, if you don't then all of humanity will be wiped away into inexistence. We have to do something now before it's too late."

𓂀𑁍𓂀

Lisa and Jungkook walks into the palace, only to be surprised that their superior was standing there. He is usually either in his bedroom, throne room, or by the fireplace drinking his favorite wine. So, it was unusual to find him just standing in the middle of the hall.