Chapter 13

I just couldn't focus...

Not on the ARRGH episode Elliot, Linka Clydia and I werr watching, not on the snacks Elliot was offering and especially not on the fact that ARRGH was comming to Ridgewood...

"(Reader)? Which planet are you visiting?" Elliot asked tapping my hand.

I invited him over to watch the ARRGH episode with us because he was just as much a fan as we were. I gave him a small smile and shrugged

"One that went missing for a long long time... And was rediscovered with a disastrous happening..."

They all looked at me and I sunk into the seat embarrassed that my words spilled past my lips like that.

"(Reader)... Are you okay?" Linka asked worriedly. I nodded and gave her a forced smile "Yeah I'm fine... When are they comming to town?" I asked changing the subject.

Linka and Clydia freaked out about it while Luke came in and gave me a kiss on the cheek as a hello before frowning at me "I'm fine" I muttered looking away from him before going to the kitchen.

Loki looked at me with a raised brow. I groaned and left the kitchen before going up the stairs. Pretty much all the brothers know about my break down a few days ago.

Mom and dad didn't know and I wanted to keep it that way... Well technically I'm avoiding them... But that's beside the point.

I avoided the brothers around every dang corner before hiding in the attic. I found a old photo album and paged through it.

Baby pictures from everyone... Except me... I'm not a part of this family... I only came here because mother and father didn't want to take me on that trip...

I only came here when I was twelve... I wasn't born into the Loud family... I tell the boys that I see them as a family but... They weren't my family...

I closed the book and wiped my eyes before standing up and going back downstairs.

The week went by pretty quick with a lot of avoiding and hiding... Yeah I'm not proud of it either...

Linka dragged me out of the house for the ARRGH thing. Elliot and Clydia met us there.

Elliot smiled and greeted me with a hug. I felt butterflies in my stomach at his touch and it made me feel a little better...

The whole night passed smoothly... but it turns out that Hunter Specter was a fake... And now Clydia and Linka knew...

They were so angry they kinda left Elliot and I behind.

"I'll walk you home" he said smiling at me brightly. I nodded and he started walking next to me.

"So..." he trialed awkwardly after a few minutes of silently walking. "So..." I echoed smiling slightly before my phone buzzed.

It was from aunt Rita...

Elliot set a hand on my shoulder and made me look at him "Are you okay? Really okay?" he asked softly.

That was all it took for me to break down completely again. Elliot pulled me into a hug "It's okay... Its okay... Let it out..." he whispered rubbing my back.

"It's not okay" I whispered pulling back still crying "It's n-n-never go-going t-to be o-kay..." I sobbed softly

He frowned and cupped my cheeks before whipping my tears "What happened?" he asked gently and softly. I closed my eyes and tried to get the words out... But I couldn't...

He pulled out his phone and made a call as he wrapped his arm around me again before he hung up and picked me up softly. I wrapped my legs around his waist and burried my face into his neck still crying my eyes out.

I didn't even notice that he set me down on a couch "What did you do now?" a girl's voice asked shoeing Elliot away.

And gently wiping my tears away. I looked up at her and she gave me a gentle smile. Her features matched Elliot's perfectly.

"Hi... What happened sweety?" she asked softly. I shook my head unable to force out the words.

She sighed and pulled me to my feet before leading me to a bathroom "Sit there" she said seriously before cleaning my face with a wet wipe "Did Elliot say something?" she asked gently.

I shook my head softly "No... Its... Uhm... My parents..." I said feeling my eyes sting again. She hushed me and took my hair out of my face "It's okay... You don't have to talk about it... Do you want to stay the night?" she asked gently.

I nodded softly and wiped my eyes "Yes please..." she nodded and wiped my eyes as I sent a quick text to Luke asking him to tell his parents that I'm spending the night at a friend's house "Whats your name?" she asked gently.

"(Reader)... And you are?" I asked softly. Her eyes twinkled "So you're the girl Elliot always talks about" she teased smiling before brushing my hair back "I'm Ella. Elliot's older sister"

I nodded softly and gave her a small smile. Elliot knocked on the door and handed her a pair of shorts and a large shirt before closing the door behind him.

"You can shower if you want to. Then you can wear this" she said patting the clothes on the counter. I nodded and she left.

I took a quick shower and rinsed my mouth with toothpaste. My phone dinged with a text from Luke asking if I'm okay. A sigh escaped me as I dressed before tying my hair.

I texted back that I was fine and that he shouldn't worry about me before setting down my phone and getting dressed.

The shirt was definitely Elliot's because it smelt like him and it was way too big for me... The shorts (luckily) did fit.

I stepped out and was met with Elliot holding a cup of hot chocolate to me. He gave me a small soft smile "Ella made some hot chocolate for you..." he said softly.

My phone rang and I answered it softly "(Reader)! We need to help Clydia. Her dads called and she's throwing everything away!"

Elliot bit his lip as I rubbed my eyes "Go to her Linka... I'll help tomorrow..." I said softly "But (Reader)" she said panicked.

I shook my head softly "No Linka... I can't right now..." I said seriously before hanging up.

I felt like breaking all over again. She was like my sister... But she wasn't...

"Don't cry..." Elliot said softly before hugging me again.

The next morning Elliot and I went to help Linka out but she already had it figured out... And is now spooked because ghosts are real... Don't ask... I don't really understand either...

Anyway

Mom and dad looked very, very ticked off... Elliot and I shared a look "Well tell Ella it was fun hanging out with her" I said. He nodded and kissed my cheek...

That earned him glares from everyone.... Literally everyone....

He let out a small "Yeep" sound before squeaking out a goodbye to everyone and disappearing in a cloud of dust...

"Oh caro"

"English Missy. We need to talk. Now."

Yes... I speak another language... And I was in very, Very deep trouble... Mom and dad sat me down at the dining table...

Then they started drilling me about curfew and rules.

I slammed my hands down on the table "Stop it! You aren't even my real parents! My parents just dumped me here because they didn't want me and judging by the unsigned adoption papers my parents sent you, Neither do you!"

That... Was the first and only time the Loud house was silent...

Everyone stopped and stared at me.

I then left...

I didn't listen to the desperate calls of the Loud family...

***

Cliffhanger much? Or is this chapter more like a bomb going off?

I don't know... What do you think it was?