Chapter 20

Why hello there... How are you?

Mm.. I hear you... Yeah... Well my life is currently one massive screw up... Oh? You don't know yet... Well go back one chapter... I'll wait... Take your time...

See what I mean?

My parents (Who practically dumped me on the Louds) are back.

My adoption into the Loud family fell through

I kissed Luke, my best friend... My almost adopted brother...

And cheated on my boyfriend, Elliot...

So that brings us to why I'm sitting in the park on the highest branch of the tallest tree rethinking my every life choice while hiding from reality...

I messed up... And I messed up big time...

I nearly fell off my perch when my phone suddenly dinged with a text message from Luke.

I groaned silently before swiping it open...

L: We need to talk.

He's right about that... But do I want to talk?

Hell No..

Another text popped up underneath his last one

L: Come down from there. You'll get yourself killed

Glancing down I met his eyes staring up at me through the leaves...

With a resigned sigh I started climbing down. I stopped half way and bit my lip as Elliot called me.

I sighed softly again as I answered "Hey... (Reader)... Uhm... We need to talk..." he said over the phone. I could hear the tremor in his voice.

"I'll come by your house..." I said softly. He agreed and hung up.

I finished my decent and stood in front of Luke awkwardly staring at my shoes instead of up at him...

"(Reader)... I'm sorry about kissing you... I just... I don't know... Maybe it was just a mistake"

And now I wish I did fall from that damned tree...

Yeah sure maybe it was just some stupid mistake... That doesn't mean I wanted to hear him say it.

I looked up at him and gave him a tight smile "Yeah... Lets just forget about it" I said shrugging. "I wrote a song for you to record and enter into the competition. I've got to go now. I'm glad we could fix things"

And then I left... Maybe this wasn't my best reaction but can you blame me? I think I just lost my best friend...

I found Elliot sitting on the steps of his house looking like he had been crying.

Once again I wished I fell out of the tree...

"I... I think we should break up"

My heart has officially been ripped out of my chest and pulverized...

"Why?"

Ladies and gentlemen... I announce the winner of the stupidist question award is none other than (Reader)

"we're moving away... To my aunt in England"

That's on another freaking continent!

"So... You're gonna be a British boy?"

Well... Choosing pitiful jokes instead of violent sadness is a improvement... Believe it or not...

And it made Elliot laugh softly and slightly... Soo... Yeah... That's a plus... I sat beside him and hugged him softly

"I'm gonna miss you..."

He wrapped his arms around me and sighed softly "I'm sorry..." he said softly "I really don't have a choice..." he whispered.

I nodded instantly and pressed a small kiss to his cheek "I know... I just... Thank you Elliot... Thank you for everything..." I whispered softly "I don't know why you're thanking me... I just broke up with you" he said with a sad laugh.

I shook my head and pulled back "No Elliot... You did so much for me... And you helped me work through so many problems and for that I can't thank you enough..." I whispered softly.

A smile curved his soft lips and a familiar fluttery feeling covered me as he cupped my cheek "We'll meet again one day... I promise"

I nodded and hugged him again "(Reader)" he said softly "I see the way you look at him... The way he looks at you..." he continued "And not to mention the thick tension in the air when we last hung out"

I pressed my lips and looked down "I'm sorry Elliot" he instantly shook his head softly "Don't be... You two have been friends since way before you went to live with him.. And since then you just kinda grew closer to him... Why do you think no one really ever flirts with you? Everyone sees it... Except for you and Luke... Sam knows it... He's so insecure and he's waiting for Luke to leave him..."

I bit my lip softly "So you felt the same?" he shook his head "No... I like you, don't get me wrong I really do..." he trailed "But I knew we wouldn't last"

"Thank you Elliot" I whispered softly. He shrugged and smiled at me "Go talk to him okay?" he said standing up and helping me up too "I will"

Do you know the thing I love most about this town?

It's not the people... Not the homey feeling... Not the excitement that comes from ordinary things...

It's the sunsets...

They look different here than anywhere else...

The way the sun sets... The colours painted across the darkening sky... The purples... Pinks... Oranges... To me that's how love looks... Beautiful... Graceful...

It's people that poisons it... Confuses it with pain and agony... I nearly jumped a foot in the air when a hand was set on my shoulder.

And I almost knocked out the poor boy that suddenly touched me... Luckily for him he ducked...

When I got a good look at the kid I very nearly burst into tears...

"Nicky!"

The bright, beautiful smile that lit up his cute baby face made those grassy green eyes sparkle like emeralds.

"Hiya sis..."