Chapter 17: The Reasons

Third person

Levi was trying to perfect a love potion to try and win over (Reader). Since he couldn't do it at home he did it at school.

His best friend, Ken, watched him curiously "Whatcha doing?" he asked his brunette friend curiously "A love potion to win over (Reader)" he answered absently.

Ken nodded as if he understood before asking "Why?" Levi paused and looked at his friend with a frown "Why what?" he asked confused. "Why do you want her to love you so badly?"

Levi frowned since he had no earthly idea how to answer it. Why did he want (Reader) to love him so badly? "I.. Don't know..."

"Maybe you misunderstand the feelings for her?"

That afternoon at the city hall he went up to his tutor "Are there different types of love?" the tall ginger smiled and knelt down to his younger counterpart with a gentle smile "Levi... You are still young. You have a lot to learn... So let me teach you something" he said sitting down.

Levi looked at him curiously and sat down "Levi... There are a bunch of different times of love. There's the love you feel for your brothers and sisters, the love you feel for your mom and dad... The love you feel for your pets and other animals...

"There's the love you have for possessions and your work... Then you have the love for the people you want to spend your whole life with..." he said gently.

Levi frowned deeply "But how do I know which is which?" he asked with his lisp. His older friend gave a gentle smile "sometimes we don't" he said gently.

Levi nodded slowly and started thinking about which love he actually felt for (Reader). He knew he loved how smart she was and that she always had little facts to tell him...

Lexx and Leif

"I unblocked the toilet for (Reader)!"

"So?! I made her tea and baked her favorite cookies!"

Lexx and Leif glared at each other "What are you two arguing about now?" Jenny, the tomboy Leif kinda liked asked curiously while holding her pet lizard.

Leif shot his best friend a sheepish smile "Who do you think did the better favor for (Reader)? Me or Lexx?" Leif asked, making Jenny pull a face.

"She's your sister... Isn't it kinda gross that you like her? And isn't she like years older than you?" she asked making Lexx and Leif frown at her "What do you mean?" The twins asked in sync.

Jenny rolled her eyes "My mommy says it's okay to admire someone older than you... But if the person is more than five years older it's icky when they date... And this thing called ill... Ill... Illig... Illegal" she said with a pout.

Lexx and Leif shared a look "But (Reader) is very pretty-"

"-And she's funny too"

Jenny shrugged "she's still your big sis. Mom says that's intest" she said innocently "What's that?" Lexx asked wide eyed.

"It's when a brother and a sister like each other more than just brother and sister" she said nodding solemnly.

The teacher looked at her wide eyed, shocked that Jenny's mother told her things like that before cutting off their conversation.

In truth the conversation never left the twins minds. Was it really gross to like someone that much older than you?

Lars

With a sigh he looked around his group of friends. They were more or less like him... In love with someone older than them... Someone beautiful and filled with angst and mystery.

But no one was in love with with their older adopted sister... He knew he was weird and that what he felt towards (Reader) was weird...

She was the only one that ever noticed him... The only one that ever counted him... She stood up for him... She protected him... She had to love him... Right?

Lynn

He waved at (Reader) as he jogged out onto the field for practice. She waved back at him from the stands "Man total babe you got on the stands there" one of his teammates grinned with a laugh.

Lynn clenched his jaw, his blood was boiling and he saw red "That is my sister!" he snapped after a third comment about (Reader). He pinned the kid and slammed his fist into his face repeatedly.

"Don't ever talk about her like that ever again!" Lynn screamed kicking as the coach dragged him away from his teammate. He pulled off his jersey and threw it to the floor before storming away.

Ignoring (Reader) when she called his name. He needed to get his temper under control before he got himself expelled...

Luke

He ran his fingers through Sam's slightly curly blond hair, mixing the bright blue streaks with the rest. Contented in sitting under the tree in the town's park. Neither of them saying a word, happy to be in each other's company.

Sam let out a small sigh before lifting his head up off of Luke's shoulder to look at the brunette sitting beside him "I have a question" he said slowly.

Luke looked at him and nodded "What's on your mind, love?" he asked sitting up slowly. Sam bit his lip slowly "I remember (Reader) once said that the others... Your brothers... Don't see her as a sister. Why is that?" Sam asked softly.

Luke sighed and ran a hand through his hair while thinking of his answer. He breathed out and licked his lips before answering "(Reader's) parents dropped her at our house when she and I were both twelve... She helped raise the younger kids and she's always so kind to everyone... I guess they just feel so strongly about her that they mistake it for actual love"

Sam nodded and bit his lip leaning into Luke again "And the older brothers?" Luke shrugged and bit his lip "Loki likes to go for girls that he can't have... Loni... He's on his own planet and I think he actually loves her like a best friend or a sister... Lane admitted that he isn't in love with her... Sure he loves her, but only as a sister... He loves teasing her and tricking her" Luke said nuzzling his face into Sam's neck, causing the blond to squirm and giggle slightly.

"And you?" Sam asked softly sounding scared... "do you see her... As just a sister? Or a friend?" Sam asked softly. Luke pulled back and looked at Sam before cupping his cheeks.

Luke looked deep into Sam's pretty Cobalt eyes and ran his thumb across Sam's delicate cheekbones "Sammy... I am crazy about you... I really am... Yes (Reader) and I are exceptionally close... But that's just because I've known her since kindergarten" Luke said softly "and she's my best friend... She's the one that told me to talk to you and tell you how I feel about you"

Sam bit his lip and hesitantly leaned closer to Luke... Scared the brunette might pull back, instead Luke closed the distance and caught Sam's lips in a soft and gentle kiss that left them both absolutely breathless and giggly.

And I'm back...
Back again...
So...

This probably wasn't what you all hoped for or expected... But it's something...

-Knight