Chapter 19

Double updates because why not... Plus I've slacked off and this is my way of saying sorry...
So leave your thoughts please

Music.

Yep music.

That's all I'm gonna say. Mostly because you probably already know who I'm talking about and what's going on.

Like any normal day Luke, Sam, Elliot and I were listening to some rock, all the way from (my personal favorite) punk to Luke's favorite which was clasic. When my phone dinged, the lyrics of the song died in my throat once I read the notification.

I nearly chocked and tried to get his attention by tapping him but it turned to slaps on the shoulder when I realized what I had just read.

Luke paused the song and looked at me confused as my shock and excitement escaped in a squeal.

The sentence escaped me in broke English as I full on started hyperventilating and shaking all over.

Elliot took my phone and read the email. A gasp escaped him causing Luke to frown at him as he tried to calm me "What's up mate?" he asked as Sam read the text over Elliot's shoulder.

His face lit up as he looked between us "Music Now wants you two to write and sing a original song for a competition!" Sam said bubbling with excitement.

"They say you two have real talent" Elliot said practically jumping up and down from excitement.

Luke let out a wheeze and soon enough he was in the same position of vibrating and shock and giddiness as I was before he turned to each other and squealed. Full on squealed.

"The closing date is in two months" Sam said brightly Luke and I finished our little moment of extreme joy when we realized we didn't have a song pre-written for this.

That fact sent us both into a full panic attack. Sam brought me back to reality with a small but painful flick to the forehead while Elliot took Luke by the collar and shook him lightly.

"Calm down. Together you two are brilliant at writing songs" Sam started

"And two months are more than enough for you two to write four songs and record them all" Elliot continued

"So calm down"

"Take a deep breath"

"And just have fun"

Luke and I shared a glance before pulling the two boys into bone crushing hugs. We pulled back and swapped places, I pecked Elliot's lips and Luke kissed Sam before we darted off

"Thanks guys!" we yelled at them.

Cue the montage of us writing, scratching, tearing and crumbling up papers in search of the perfect song lyrics.

Laying in the back yard a month before the due date, Luke and I stared up at the stars "Maybe we should send them 'Play it loud' it's a really good song" I said suddenly.

We had given up trying to write today because I gave myself three paper cuts. Don't ask how I managed that.

Luke sighed "Yeah it's a nice song but... It's not perfect. Not for this" he said groaning. He looked like crap. His hair was messy and dark circles were under his eyes, giving away our sleep deprived states. We had barely left his room, since it was summer break. We hadn't seen Elliot or Sam in three weeks now and we looked a bit mental by now.

"You're right" I admitted with a groan before turning my head to look at him. He was already looking at me. His pretty greenish brown eyes illuminated by the moon.