Chapter 21

Let me introduce you to my beautiful baby brother:

Nicky...

He's a sweetheart

Seriously... He's one of the sweetest kids in this whole world...

Curly black hair warm grassy green eyes and a smile that can light up a city never mind a room... He's a year younger than Lynn by the way...

He was the type of person that could make friends with anyone... He was a lover never a fighter... That was always my job...

I think it's time to show you a little bit of what happened before I got unceremoniously dumped onto the Louds...

It was the day after Nicky's eight birthday... The day after his birthday party... One of his friends, who were older than him, had stayed over for the night and that's when it happened.

We had this big pool, it was really deep... I could barely stand in the shallow end... Nicky couldn't swim at the time so it was always covered in a plastic cover... I was cleaning up the backyard with Nicky and the kid, who's name I can't remember for the life of me, but if I find him now I'll kill him... Anyway they were laughing and joking while I was digging cake out of the poor plants and then...

There was this struggling sound... Then a short bone chilling cry... The kid laughing... Taunting Nicky...

It happened so fast... It feels like a blur... I didn't know how to do CPR... I didn't know what to do when someone had drowned... All I knew was that Nicky was dying in my arms... And I was alone...

It was a miracle that dad made it in time to revive Nicky...

Mom blamed me... But then again... She's always blamed me... She loved little Nicky more than anyone or anything possibly imaginable... Dad was the same... But he didn't blame me...

"Why are you crying?" Nicky asked wiping the traitorous tear from my cheek... His hands were so warm... Soft... "Sorry" I whispered softly...

He had gotten brain damage... The doctors said he was set back a few years... Then... They left... I'm surprised he remembers me... "Don't be sorry sis... I missed you" he said softly...

I gave him a small smile and kissed his forehead "I missed you to kiddo... How have you been?"

Instantly his face lit up with glee and he betam telling me all about his adventures in Barcelona Spain...

He talked and talked and talked... Until he fell asleep in my lap... On top of a hill.. I let out a small breath and pulled out my phone "Hey... Tell your mom and dad that I'll be home a little later... I'm gonna stop by my parents house... I've gotta talk to them"

Luke was silent on the other line "Are you sure you want to face them?" he asked hesitantly... I could practically feel his caution through the phone.

Was I sure?

With a sigh I nodded "Yeah... Besides... Nicky fell asleep in my lap and I've gotta take him home..."

"Alright... See you later then.. Good luck"

I shifted Nicky to my back to piggy back him home. He was incredibly light, either that or I've spent too much time with Lynn working out, either way you get the idea.

Standing outside of my old home I felt a bottomless pit in my stomach and my heart was beating like a jackhammer against my poor ribcage...

Taking a deep though shaking breath I knocked on the door after shifting Nicky so I was holding him with one hand.

The door flew open and there she was... My mom... Her eyes were a mirror image of mine... Her body the same shape and type as mine...

I was practically her mirror image... And yet she instantly glared when she saw me...

"Why were you with him?" she snapped, taking Nicky's heavily sleeping form from my grasp...

"Shh. Or you'll wake him. I came to talk"

If possible her glare intensified at my words. Luckily for me my dad was watching from the living room and cleared his throat "Take Nicky to bed" he said in a calm voice.

Mom did as he said and carried Nicky upstairs. Leaving dad and I alone... "I'm not gonna move back. I am... However... Still gonna see Nicky and treat him like my baby brother... Because I love him" I started firmly, I could feel my chest starting to tighten, I blinked a few times trying desperately to get that stinging feeling away...

"I'm not gonna abandon him like you and mom abandon me" I continued, I hated reliving the hope that they would come back... Sitting on the porch every day for weeks... Months... Two years... For two years I believed they would come back and get me...

But they never did...

"I understand. We won't keep you away from him"

I gave a silent nod before turning and leaving silently... My body was shaking and my chest was painfully tight.

All at once it felt as if the cold night air stabbed through me, the serenity and happiness that had filled me earlier was gone... Replaced by this terrible earth shattering pain...

I felt a painful sob leave my lips before I took a shaking breath and licked my lips "As the s-sun sets... And night fa-falls. I'm sitting out here... Wai-waiting for your call" I sang in a whisper.

It was the first song I wrote... It was the song I wrote after Lynn Sr and Rita told me that mom and dad probably weren't coming back...

"But now I-I see" I hiccuped brokenly "there's no f-future for me" I whispered wrapping my arms around me as I walked to the Loud house "All the colours that warmed my heart... Is tearing me ap-apart"

I wiped my eyes and took slow deep breaths to calm myself... Is it wrong how incredibly easy it is to hide how broken I am?

I definitely have some serious problems...

Atleast the hug Leon gave my shins made ths ache in my chest go away a little...

Talk to me... Please...