Chapter 22

I don't know how many of you have depression, those of you that do probably know how much this sucks...

To those who don't have it you are lucky. It's kind of like... Being stuck in a deep dark pit filled with nothing but emptiness, pain, dispair and the worst of all you become convinced that you are alone...

And the feeling of being absolutely alone... That's what gets to me... Because even though I'm sitting between the Loud family watching the TV intently, waiting for the music show to announce the winner of the competition I'm still trapped in that dark pit...

Luke was holding my hand and Sam's hand... Luke was shaking badly from nervousness and honestly... So was I... This could be the opportunity Luke and I both need to Kickstart our career/careers depending on if we choose to do this as a duo...

Okay so maybe the fact that Elliot very recently made me realize some very important facts about Luke and I was kinda echoing in my mind right now while I'm holding the music boy's hand so tightly I couldn't feel my fingers... So yeah... I am more than a little nervous...

"Ladies and gentle. Now for the part that you've all been waiting for... We're going to announce the competition winners"

I physically felt my heart stop beating as the host painfully slowly slipped open the envelope...

My lungs stopped as he pulled the letter out. Beside me Luke squeezed his eyes shut, Sam was chanting "Please" under his breath while the rest of the loud family were crossing their fingers and touching lucky objects (Leif and his lucky booger)

"The amazing music duo Luke Loud and (Reader)!"

I'm pretty sure the whole town heard our screams of pure joy and that my bones were crushed by the hug Luke caught me in. Both of us sobbing in pure relief.

My heart was pounding in my ears and my breath was coming out in short small bursts paired with disbelieving giggles.

... And then you have moments... Little bursts of joy and happiness that make that dark hole feel a little less dark... But in the end I'm still stuck in that pit...

On another note I got a part time job that I could do after school, on weekends and in the summer vacation. I've made some new friends and I'm saving up for collage.

Sam and Luke are going on a date today and Luke is pacing the room not looking excited at all which is strange because let's face it... He is crazy about Sam and Sam is crazy about him...

"No (Reader) it's not that... I'm just... I don't think Sam and I work... We have literally nothing in common other than not being able to bake... Hell we don't even have the same taste in music"

He was rambling... Oh gosh... When he rambled he was planning something...

"Luke" I said hesitantly as I grabbed his hand "What are you planning?" I asked slowly...

He looked at me. His pretty brown eyes showing his hesitance{?} and fear... Then realization hit me like a truck in the chest...

"This is a test... You want to brake up with him"

He looked down at his black boots with dark purple trimmings "There's someone else... Isn't there?" my heart kinda died at that... Of course there's someone else... He's a wonderful guy and I'm just his best friend...

"I think it'll be better if Sam and I are only friends..." he whispered softly. I stood up from my bean bag chair and gripped his shoulders "Luke... You need to be gentle with him... He deserves to be happy. He deserves the truth"

He nodded softly and hugged me tightly "Thank you (Reader)" he whispered softly before he left my room up in the attic, I moved up here a week or so back and used my money to buy myself some things like a bean bag chair and a rug... Because ya know... Why not...