3: The Lollipop

Xiao's mansion

"Who would have thought geometry would be an easy-peasy with the right guidance of a Master!" Yuan exclaimed feeling euphoric after the outcome of their group study. "I should call brother we're done now, so he can come!"

With a warm smile, Xiao Zhan stood up and looked outside the window. "No need. He's outside."

"Huh?" Yuan and Jian looked at each other. 'How did he know where you/we live?'

The 3 stepped outside the house, 2 boys grinning widely proud of what they've accomplished, and the older, in his usual composed manner.

Outside the gate, Wang Yi Bo is leaning on his motorcycle, a lollipop in mouth. He stood up straight (too straight that it looks weird from Yuan's perspective) when he heard the gate opening.

Yuan, probed him immediately with questions, "How did you know where their house is? How long have you been waiting in there? Are you a psychic?"

Yi Bo's eyes roamed around looking for an alibi, removing the lollipop in his mouth, then swishing it in the air as he say, "Aaahh, I've been around this area, I saw Jian few times coming out from there."

Of course, it was a lie. He hasn't been here in the last 3 years and hasn't seen Jian coming out of that house. He just knows it, because it was . . . . Let's say, years before, Wang Yi Bo had devoted a few months of his life stalking someone. Thus, his familiarity with the neighbourhood.

"Really?" Yuan and Jian half heartedly nodded afterwards, thinking, 'That must be it. He has no reason to make up stories.'

Meanwhile, Xiao Zhan was still blankly staring at the lollipop that is pointed unintentionally at him, as if it was a magical wand that had placed him under a spell.

It brought back memories.

****flashback****

Xiao Zhan: "Cigarette doesn't suit you."

Wang Yi Bo pulled out the cigarette from his mouth, letting the ashes fall off the ground, as he amusingly say, "And what does? Nothing is perfectly right in your eyes anyway."

Zhan pulled the cigarette away from Yi Bo's hand, stomping on it. And before Yi Bo can complain, a sweet fruity thing on a stick was stuck in his mouth for replacement.

A lollipop.

Zhan knows Yi Bo had a bland appetite and hates sweets, but he couldn't just let him waste his perfect health with some cigarette sticks. And he thinks it will be funny to watch his expression change, and Yi Bo did not fail him. His brows touched and face twitched as he tasted the sweet lollipop in his mouth. Blinking at him several times as if he was bullied but couldn't do anything. He find it cute and funny, making his belly ache as he laughed out loud in front of him.

Unknown to Zhan, the sugar rush it has brought Yi Bo, made Zhan's smile glazingly bright for his eyes. He had to blink several times to readjust his sight only to be blinded again by Zhan's perfectly happy countenance. And from then on, Yi Bo quit smoking, thinking if that will make Zhan smile as happily as that time.

****end of flashback****

But that was all in the past.

"Come on. Hurry up!" Yi Bo was pushing the helmet into Yuan's arms. It was the same scenario as earlier in the parking lot. And maybe the same scenario everytime Yi Bo needs to do the errand to send to and pick his brother from school.

Yuan complained while talking the helmet in his hand "Why are you always in a hurry?!". He fixed his angered expression before turning to say goodbye to Jian and Teacher Zhan, with a polite bow.

The two young parties waved goodbye whereas the older ones only gave a slight nod, then silently parted. The motorcycle's loud roar can awaken the whole neighbourhood! Bless those who doesn't have a sound proof abode!

Jian followed to the street where the motorcycle made its way, waving endlessly, not caring if the two riders are paying attention to him or not. To his contentment, Yi Bo, lifted his right hand and waved a few times before he took a sharp turn on the corner of the street and was gone out of Jian's sight.

"His motorcycle is so cool! Brother Yi Bo is so cool!" Jian exclaimed. "He can even drive while waving!"

"A dare devil, he is." Jian gasped as he heard his brother's voice, surprised to see him standing next to him in the middle of the street, looking at the way the Wang brothers had taken.

His gaze, distant.

Jian became curious again. Does he know him?