23: The Keeper - one (Girlfriend)

Vote. Comment. And subscribe!

---------

Zhan held the door and stopped for a moment, reflecting about his decision. Meeting his rival at such a crucial point is not the wisest decision he's made in his life. But he's too lost in the track of finding Yi Bo's whereabouts, he needed a bit of direction. With this littlest hope he nurtures, he defeatedly sighed then entered the shop.

As he entered, a masculine man in black suit eyed him from head to toe and back up, nodding to himself as he pushed his earpiece, monotonously stating, "He's here."

He nodded again after receiving an order from his ear gear, slightly bowing to Zhan before gesturing his hand to follow him.

Meeting a celebrity in such a popular spot, Zhan is still surprised how they managed to vacate the shop from other passionate customers. It is peak hour, yet it is empty.

After a few steps and turns, they reached a gazebo amidst the mini garden at the top of the restaurant. Two other men in black suit, straightly stood by either its side. Whilst a fine lady was elegantly running her finger around the mouth of her tea cup. The wind blew as she turned her head towards Zhan, revealing her indescribable pleasing features. Her face was naturally angelic, despite not having to smile.

This beautiful lady is nonetheless, Jennie Liu, Wang Yi Bo's official girlfriend.

She silently watched Zhan's every motion until he was ushered by the guard to sit on the vacant chair afront her.

Despite not wanting to feel disheartened and jealous, Zhan can't help himself as he reciprocated her gaze. With such a pretty face, nice stature, elegant aura, wealthy background, and vast popularity, the likes of her, is obviously the type which is suited for Yi Bo. Let's not forget, she is a she, and Zhan is a man, loving another man. Even in this 21st century, there are still people who ostracize and renounce same sex relationship. Heterogenous partnership is still the ideal and acceptable one.

Feeling low-spirited with envy and awkward with the staring contest and silence, Zhan started, "I'll go straight to the point. Do you know where Yi Bo is?"

Jennie's eyes widen in surprise. She smirked without saying anything. Lifting her cup, and savoring its aroma. There is a hint of quizzical expression twinkling in her eyes. She did not expect this meeting to be about her estranged boyfriend.

"If you know where he is, can you please tell me?" Zhan fervently pleaded.

Jennie lightly chuckled thinking how ridiculous the question was. "You're asking the wrong person." She said dropping her cup with a clink.

"But aren't you his girlfriend?" Zhan accusingly blurted, his words hurtingly ricochet back at him, making his chest heavy.

Jennie hysterically laughed in repost, tears brimming in her eyes. "Hahahaha! Which dimension are you from? Don't you know our relationship is a laughing stock everywhere? That guy treats me like a gum he wanted to get off his shitty life!"

Zhan looked at her, stunned from her revelations. He doesn't know what to feel between glee or pity.

Jennie recovering from her shallow laughter, took her cup back to her mouth, graciously sipping its content. She eyed the shocked handsome man in front of her, scrutinizing any malicious intent. He's like a lost puppy barking at the wrong tree.

She smiled at him eventually seeing his innocent visage, "But since you're asking nicely, I'll help you." She lifted her hand like asking for something from the bodyguard at her back. He did not disappoint, as he had handed her a phone.

She slid her slender fingers across the screen and dialled a phone number. Only with a few rings she was able to connect, assertively commanding, "Find my boyfriend A-S-A-P. Or else, kiss your job goodbye."

Zhan momentarily gaped from her nasty language contrasting her celestial beauty. He had never seen a woman so authoritatively straightforward and unkind. But he still thanked her for the help before attempting to leave. "I'll leave you my contact card, just in case you hear anything about his whereabouts. Now, if you'll excuse me." Zhan lifted himself up from the wooden chair in a hurry to leave.

Jennie took the card and read the details. 'Sean Xiao Zhan'

There and then, her blood started to boil and a blazing fire lit up in her eyes as the name seemed too familiar.

"Zhan-ge." she impolitely called, making Zhan stop walking away. He looked back at her and awkwardly smiled, "Please don't call me that."

Jennie crossed her arms on her chest, a smug on her face, "Why? Is it an endearment term?"

Zhan was caught off guard which did not escape Jennie's sharp eyes.

She unfolded her arms as she saw panic in Zhan's eyes. With a knowing grin, she lifted her mug, blowing on her tea then putting it back down before eyeing Zhan accusingly, "What are you to him, Sean Xiao Zhan?"

---------
Author's note:

3 chapters left!

Spoiler: unfortunately, this is not Jennie's last role! Is she a friend or a foe? WOF the next chapter!

Vote. Comment. and share your thoughts!

Please support this story by voting 💕

26&28-Feb-2020