19: The Disappearance

"Where did Yuan go at this crucial moment?!" Jian exasperatedly cussed when Yuan suddenly vanished at the moment he had fished out some informations from his brother. He is itching to leak those words to him, but the latter had skipped their succeeding classes without telling anyone where he had gone!

He avulsed his phone from his pocket, dialling Yuan's phone number, fuming "Where the hell are you Wang Yuan?!" as the other picked up the call. Strangely, Yuan did not curse him back, instead loud hiccups was all he heard back.

Jian's blood drained from his face, his anger replaced by worry, "H-Hey, Wang Yuan why are you crying?"

In the seam of his sobs, Yuan related his predicament, and as fast as the wind, Jian ran to where he was, dragging Zhan along with him.

Zhan drove through the city earnestly following Jian's direction. He was asked to halt at the front of a modern tower, looking very luxurious, and highest among all the buildings around that posh area.

"Hurry, brother!" Jian shouted to snap Zhan out of daze. A valet attendant bowed and opened the door for him, laying his hand for Zhan to hand in his keys. Zhan was spacing out again, so Jian, pulled the key from Zhan's hand and handed it to the staff himself.

"W-Wait. Where are we going?" Zhan protested as Jian pulled him inside that magnificent building.

Jian looked at him bewildered. "Have you not been here before?"

Zhan shook his head innocently. Although looking confused himself with his brother's reply, Jian only answered, "You'll know soon then.", pressing the 107th floor tab in the lift, succeedingly entering a code for the lift to bring them to the penthouse.

Zhan was gaping at his brother all throughout even when they are now face to face with the penthouse' entrance door. He even knows the passcode for that door!

"Whose house is this?" Zhan apprehendingly ask, but Jian just kept on walking briskly inside that house, as if he knows the place even without looking. Meanwhile, Zhan can't help but to gawk stupidly at the elegance of every detail in that residence. From the time they entered, the lights turned on automatically, illuminating a vast receiving area with 8ft glass wall overlooking Shanghai, a white grand piano aesthetically sit at a platform on the side. There was a mirror sliding door on the opposite side, and from the gap, Zhan can see that it was a sophisticated dining room, adorned by a one-of-a-kind gold dining table, black chairs and long crystal pendant chandelier. Jian continued pulling him up the shiny black glass staircase, onto the bright white hallway, and on the first door to the right, Jian bursted in and there goes,

"Yuan!?"

"T-Teacher Zhan? Jian?" Yuan's already puffy eyes, started shedding tears again. "Help me. Help us!" he bawled and the Xiao brothers ran to his side and comforted him, Jian patting his back whilst Zhan kneeled in front of him firmly holding his hands for support.

"What's wrong Yuan?" Zhan thoughtfully queried.

Yuan took his hand away from Zhan, and clasped Zhan's hand tightly instead, begging he said, "Help me find brother. I don't know where he is!"

Both Zhan and Jian's hearts sank as their eyes widen in shock. "What do you mean?" Zhan enquired.

Yuan explained he received a call from his Uncle, Dr. Huang, saying Yi Bo left the hospital, so Yuan expectedly thought Yi Bo would be there, in their house, but he wasn't!

Yi Bo has always been too cold and aloof, so he doesn't really have friends to run to. His past girlfriends is an endless list, and Yuan does not even know their names or remember their faces! And he can bet confidently, none of them earned Yi Bo's favor, so he won't go to them.

"How about your relatives?" Jian probed.

"We don't have any relatives here in China except for Uncle Teng (Dr. Huang). All of our relatives are somewhere else around the world." Yuan dispiritedly said.

Zhan ransacked his brain thinking anyone who might know where he could be. His pulse was beating so fast that his chest started to ache, but he got zero clues. He can't even think properly!

Just yesterday, they were together. Just yesterday, he saw him smile. And now, he is gone! 'It is my fault!' He knew there was something vague in him, but he left him just like that! And now, he can only cluelessly wonder, 'Where are you, Yi Bo?'

Jian sensed Zhan's quandary, he intelligently spat, "Any other family properties he can stay at?"

But Yuan shook his head vigorously. "Uncle checked them all, he wasn't there as well." Yuan broke to another howl, he felt so bad, "How could he just disappear?!"

"Did your Uncle call the police?" Jian fearfully ask.

Yuan nodded his head. "They said they can start searching after 24 hours from his disappearance. But they were saying, he might have run away. That it will be hard to look for someone who is hiding. But where will he go with that condition?!"

That, all of them cannot answer.

"He will be alright." Zhan gently patted Yuan's head. "We will find him."

----------
Author's note:

Sorry I wasn't able to stop myself from describing Yuan and Yi Bo's home. Who said they are mediocres? 🤣
Check the photo attached to help you visualize the poshness of their abode!

Let me clarify regarding Yi Bo's wealth versus his racing rival who is the heir of the richest business tycoon in China. Ahem, Yi Bo's family business is overseas, and Yi Bo doesn't compete with or for money, or does he use his parents' wealth to support his racing career. Secondly, Zhan was unfamiliar with the place because he doesn't know Yi Bo is that rich, and noone else knows except for their family relatives and of course, the regular visitor, little Jian.

19-Feb-2020

Hit that comment or vote button if you want me to keep updating fast. 🤣 Honestly speaking, your votes and comments light up my day and inspire me to keep going with this fanfic 💕