16: The Collection

Guilt writhed in Yi Bo's chest as he stared at Xiao Zhan. It was the third time for that same day when he had come to the hospital to assist him in his meal. First was breakfast, then lunch, and now, dinner. He was thoughtfully thinking of his efforts driving back and forth, and bringing him food to eat.

"Don't you like it?" Xiao Zhan asked seeing the frown on Yi Bo's face.

Yi Bo sighed and dropped the cutlery in his hand, facing Zhan with outmost sincerity. "Aren't you tired?"

Zhan's eyes widened, gaping back at him. He want to neglect the strings pulled on his chest by his query, thinking Yi Bo might be thinking his presence is a nuisance, so he can only hide his true feelings and forced a smile shaking his head, 'No'.

Yi Bo saw the minute sadness in Zhan's eyes, he instantly knew that he has misunderstood him. Quickly, he grasped the other's arm, hastily yet earnestly clarifying, "I-I just don't want you to get tired of me."

Shocked with the sudden touch, Zhan ran his eyes from Yi Bo's hand clutching his wrist, then to Yi Bo's shaken facade.

"D-Don't get tired of me." Yi Bo stutteringly pleaded, waiting for Zhan to reply.

Xiao Zhan couldn't repress his smile. To see such a pretty face begging him, how could he not find it cute? He lightly pinched Yi Bo's cheek while assuring him, "Be good, and I won't."

The corner of Yi Bo's lips made a curl, "I am always good to you." he stated, pleased to hear Zhan's promise, and obediently finished his supper with a wide smile.

"Zhan-ge..." he called out to him afterwards, the name making him blush, "A-Are you bored?"

Zhan gazed at him intently, shaking his head, No. But he knows Yi Bo is up to something. With a fake-sigh he asked, "Are you?"

Yi Bo smiled widely, showing his perfect white pearls. 'This smile, how long have I not seen it?' Zhan asked himself, mesmerized.

"Can you bring me outside?" Yi Bo excitedly asked waving his casted arm and pointing to his casted leg.

"Wheelchair?" Xiao Zhan asked with a raised brow and a playful grin. He knows the idea is a big No for The-Almighty-Wang Yi Bo.

"Alright." Yi Bo pouted, "If it's with you, I don't mind."

Zhan find it adorable, he wanted to pinch his chubby cheeks again, but the other might start fussing, so he held his urge.

He went outside and borrowed a wheelchair, coming back to the room, Yi Bo excitedly hobbled towards him.

Yi Bo had secluded himself in that room for almost 2 weeks, he is desperate to get out and breathe some fresh air. With everything going on in his life, he was thankful Xiao Zhan came and brought him back in track. He had saved him from losing his mind.

"Any particular place you want to go?" Zhan asked once Yi Bo has seated. He lifted his head to face Xiao Zhan, a mischievous smile in his face. "Only within the hospital premise." Zhan sternly added.

Yi Bo puffed his cheeks, leaning back on the chair. "Then you chose the place." He grumpily answered.

Zhan can't fathom Yi Bo's childishness at times. But there's nothing about him, he can't handle.

He placed a blanket on top of Yi Bo's shoulder and started to push, "It will be cold outside."

---------

Jian and Yuan had found a shop that could do the job of printing those films and converting those video tapes. They were told to come the next day, and to their satisfaction, the shop did not fail them.

"It was a good collection of memories. The photographer definitely has talent." The shop assistant told them as he handed them the copies.

Jian lifted his head and boastfully say, "Nothing less to expect from a Xiao!"

Yuan clicked his tongue, and started leaving his annoying friend. Jian laughingly followed, hooking his arm around his pissed friend's shoulder.

"You're beginning to be as grumpy as your brother." He teased which earned him a sharp pain on his side from Yuan's elbow.

After a good bus ride, they've reached Jian's family home and frenziedly opened the envelop.

"Whoa. Brother Yi Bo is too handsome! How can you be his brother?" Jian teased the already disgruntled Yuan.

He grabbed the photos from Jian's hand and looked at them one-by-one, tossing what he finished to his irritating friend.

"He looks so happy in these photos. How did he end up so cranky and grumpy these few years?" Jian talked to himself as he browse the pictures. "And who would've known a womanizer guy like him, was once a boy-next-door type?" he commented.

Yuan rolled his eyes at his friend, annoyed with his continuous blabber. His brother is indeed a womanizer, playboy, chick magnet, then he asked himself 'When did all started? When did the change happened?'

3 years ago!

'3 years ago when Teacher Zhan left?!'

"Brother Yi Bo has been grinning wide in all these photos. But the strange thing is, in all of these, he has been looking straight at the camera...Not camera shy at all." Jian said scratching his head as he pretend to think.

"He is smiling at the photographer, you idiot." Yuan shortly answered.

Jian felt satisfied provoking Yuan's curiosity. "Is he that happy to be with my boring brother?" Jian loudly asked again.

"Dumb." Yuan tossed a photo to Jian's face to answer that query.

In that self-captured photo of the two, Yi Bo's arms are around Zhan's shoulders, his chin resting on Zhan's head. Both of them smiling widely.

He tossed three other ones, another selfies. The young Yi Bo is asleep on Zhan's shoulder, while Zhan is poking his chubby cheek. The next was probably taken the same time, Yi Bo was then biting the finger Zhan used to poke his cheek. And the last, the two laughing together as Yi Bo holds Zhan's finger he has biten.

"They must really be good friends." Jian teasingly said hiding his real thoughts that their brothers' friendship is more than that, "but the best clue might be in this. I hope there are no rated-PG stuffs in here. Or probably I hope there is!" He flashed a naughty grin at Yuan, making him receive a loud smack on the head.

Stroking his head, Jian plugged the usb to his laptop, and they started watching his brother's video collections.

'As expected.' Jian thought whereas Yuan thought, 'Unbelievable.'

"Your brother..!" both of them remarked at the same time, pointing at each other in unison.

"Your brother likes my brother!" They both yelled at the same time. Jian laughed with their synchronous exclamation while Yuan got pissed and Jian received another whack, this time his palm hits Jian's back.

"Why do you keep on hitting me?! You're so brutal!" Jian complained, but his expression changed suddenly, "What should we do now?" He asked, but he already has thoughts of his own.

He will find a way for Zhan and Yi Bo to have their happy ending, by hook or by crook, and Yuan should play alongside him.

--------
Author's note:

We are getting there!

I am thinking of whether to end it on the 25th or 30th chapter 🤔 But we will see. I actually don't have an organized plot for this (unlike my other works), so I just write in the spur of the moment 🤭🤫🤣

But thank you all for appreciating this story!

Please don't forget to vote! I love it when I see you guys, voting and commenting! It makes this story worth my efforts 💕

28-Jan-2020