8: The First Encounter

'Get out!'

The words reverberated inside Xiao Zhan's mind. He bit his tongue to fight the urge of saying the wrong words out of hurt and anger.

Whereas, on Wang Yi Bo's side, the longer the silence is, the more unsettled he becomes. Yet, he can't spit those words out again to make Xiao Zhan leave. He knows he will regret it for life.

With a sigh, Xiao Zhan, walked towards the window, shoving the curtains away. There was a nice view of the city, the lights twinkling brighter than the stars in the sky.

Deep in thought, he opened the window and breathed in the cold night air.

Wang Yi Bo, on the other hand had laid his eyes on Xiao Zhan, subconsciously watching his fine movements. He shivered with the gust of the wind but did not complain. He let himself remember their first encounter 7 years ago.

-----flashback-----

Playful and carefree as he is, the 14 y/o Wang Yi Bo who has just entered High School has started wandering off the campus instead of attending his class.

Heading wherever his strides bring him, he had already spotted several nice spots to lurk around when bored.

When he had thought it was time to go, he had already forgotten his way back. Their campus is indeed, massive.

He kept turning left and right but still unable to find his way. With students currently in class, he did not expect anyone to be around roaming freely like him.

After a while, he gave up wandering for a moment, resting his back against the outside wall of an unknown classroom.

As if fate interjected, he heard soft snaps and clicks from the inside. He looked up and found someone peeking through the window, a vintage camera on hand, and completely unaware of his presence.

Like gravity pulling him helplessly, Yi Bo stood up and approached the guy whose back was facing him.

"Hey." he interrupted.

The guy seemed confused, turning and tilting his head still facing the window, uncertain if he had heard someone's voice or not as he was too focused in exploring the old gem in his hand.

Irritated, Yi Bo spoke louder, "Hey! Gege, can you spare me your attention?"

The guy seemed shocked by the loud voice, carefully lowering the camera away from his face, and turning around to meet the person disturbing his amusement.

To his surprise, it was an unfamiliar younger student, looking impatient and wild, but not someone he can't manage.

"Okay, little kid, this Gege has now given you his full attention." He smiled kindly suppressing a laugh.

The word Gege sounds strange to Xiao Zhan. Even his younger brother does not call him that way. Yet, this unfamiliar person, calls him Gege, an informal and cute version of addressing an older brother!

After some more thought, it was becoming more difficult to suppress his laugh especially when the little kid in front of him changed his expression to an angered one, his brows tangled quite remarkably. "Don't call me that! I am not a kid! And I am not little!"

With that outburst, the 17 y/o Xiao Zhan has fallen out from his composure completely and laughed genuinely hard.

"Don't laugh! What is there to laugh about?!" Yi Bo complained, pink tinge crawling up from his neck to the tip of his earlobes. Noone has ever laughed at him like that!

He is supposed to be mad but as he listened to Zhan's laughter, and as he continuously fixed his gaze at his happy face, something inside him softened.

From that day on, he can't look away from that smiling face. That meeting has engraved a soft mark on his heart, that can never be undone.

-----end of flashback-----

Author's note:

Is it getting boring? Is it getting better?

Are flashbacks not to your liking? 🤔

Please comment your suggestions and reactions.

Save to your reading list. Vote. Become a Fan.

09-Jan-2020