22: The Seeker - three

It was a long sleepless night for Xiao Zhan.

He kept thinking of their wasted 3 years apart. Something that could've been avoided if only he had understood Yi Bo's feelings better. And only if he had given him a chance to explain himself before deciding to leave and forget his first love.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Zhan hugged Yi Bo's pillow tightly, burying his tear streaked face in it. How he wish, it was Yi Bo accompanying him in that long torturous mornight. How he wish once he open his eyes, his Didi would be showing him the lovely smile he had fallen for.

His thoughts cycled over and over, thinking where he could've been. Has something bad happened to him? If he had ran away, whom did he go to? The thoughts are making him crazy.

"Where are you? Please come back." He begged Heavens to heed him.

He shifted in agony a couple more times on that bed, until he can't endure it any longer. He bolted right up and grasped his mobile phone, searching the name Wang Yi Bo in the internet.

He was looking for cues, of places he might visit, people who he might be close to. It sinked further into him, he had missed 3 years of Yi Bo's life. And a dragging thought that maybe he doesn't know much about him anymore.

He found himself staring at Yi Bo's charming poker face covering a sports magazine. His heart fluttered as he stared at Yi Bo's matured features.

He then read his biography, his interviews, stalked his fanmade social accounts, and watched some videos of him online. Even just a little bit, Zhan tried to fill the gaps in his heart.

Concomitantly, there's this picture of a woman who kept appearing on the search engine while he searched things about Yi Bo.

Jennie Liu.

She looked familiar somewhat.

Zhan tried hard to recollect where he had seen her, and that's when he remembered her as she stumbled upon him in the hospital.

He had searched and found out, she is Yi Bo's current girlfriend...and the longest relationship he has had.

He breathe deeply and swallowed the bitter bile climbing up his throat.

'6 months and 24 days.' Xiao Zhan mentally cursed pressing his temples.

He let out a long sigh and prepared his heart before opening Jennie Liu's social media account. Still, a sharp pain did not miss Zhan. In there, she proudly displayed her acquaintance with Yi Bo, causing a sour pit in Zhan's stomach.

Courageously, he endured the scenes, looking closer at the pictures and somewhat proud to realize, in all those photos, Yi Bo's eyes were always cold and unaffectionate. Also, those were either a stolen picture of him, or the girl herself was the only one clinging onto him.

Zhan scrolled the comments and half of it claims it was a one-sided relationship. That it was only because her father was sponsoring Yi Bo's race. But some still argued that maybe because Yi Bo's nature is normally unattached and cold.

But Zhan knew better. With him, Yi Bo can smile freely and genuinely. He shows his childish side, pouting and frowning, and his cute side, blushing and stuttering. He speaks more openly when he is with him, and there is no hint of the 'cold-prince' when they are together.

Zhan ran a palm on his face. 'But he still allowed her to hold his hand, and even let her hug him.' he bitterly remarked. Only God knows how sinfully jealous he is now.

He was about to stop stalking them, fed up of the jealous resentment torture, when he caught a glimpse of another familiar lady in Jennie Liu's profile.

'Shi jie?'

Suddenly, an idea crossed his mind. At 5 in the morning, he disturbingly called his Shijie's number, which she had thankfully picked up.

"Zhan-zhan, is there something wrong?" Concern apparent on her tone.

"Shijie, can you let me meet Jennie Liu?" Zhan pleaded.

There was a pause on the other line, his Shijie thinking what was the matter that he desperately plead to meet someone at such an early hour. But knowing Zhan, she knows it is an urgent matter.

"I will try. But I cannot promise because I'm unsure of her schedules. I assume it is urgent? So, I'll call you as soon as she agrees." she kindly answered.

"Thank you, Shijie!"

There was another pause in their conversation until a concerned soft voice asked, "Zhan-zhan, remember you can talk to me anytime, okay?"

Zhan shook his head, forcing a smile. "Mn. Don't worry, Shijie. I just wanted to ask her something."

Deep down Xiao Zhan's mind, he knows it is not a good idea to meet the current girlfriend. But he is running out of any leads! So maybe, just maybe, she can help him find Yi Bo.

But what if Yi Bo chose to go to her when he left? What if she is keeping him?

Zhan buried his face in his palm. He doesn't know what to do anymore.

---------
Author's note:

Very short update as I wanted to separate the chapter for when Zhan meets Jennie (Oops, Spoiler alert!)

Do you think she hides him?
Or should I ask, Did Yi Bo went to her?
🤔

23-Feb-2020