12: The News

'Please take care of me...'

Although a bit dubious of what the note meant, the words had lifted Yi Bo's spirit. He traced the hand written words by his left index finger numerous times. It was such a neat calligraphy. The flower sketch is not the least to be disregarded as well. Although plain and simple, nonetheless, it is such an enthralling beauty.

He couldn't wait for the flower to bloom, but he couldn't wait more to see it's giver. He couldn't contain the smile flourishing the tip of his lips and wasn't aware of how long he had been crouched by the windowsill, occupied by that little present.

However, fate is sometimes particularly cruel, this cloud-nine has to end.

Early that afternoon, his manager came. A bad news he had to bring about.

"I'm sorry, Yi Bo. But I guess you should focus on recuperating first. We'll see after, what else we can do." His manager said before they parted.

The smile on Wang Yi Bo's face instantly faded. His hopes...his dream...his career...stumbled, crushed and vanished from his line of sight.

And yet again, he felt numb and unbearably empty.

He remained seated on that uncomfortable stool. Looking far in the distance, but seeing nothing. Minutes turned to hours. The sky has turned it's hues, but he remained unmoving.

This was the scene that greeted Xiao Zhan when he came along later in the evening. Wang Yi Bo was like a lifeless mannequin, pale and void, staring blankly and unaware of his surroundings.

At first, Xiao Zhan waited for him to notice his presence. But after half an hour of Yi Bo being immaculately stoic in front of the open window despite receiving chilly gusts of wind, he had to do something.

The thought that he might've been sitting in there the whole day is too disturbing for Zhan to take. Thus, he intentionally closed the window with a loud thud, then stood in front of Yi Bo with an arm across his chest.

Yi Bo sluggishly moved his eyeballs to meet his guest's eyes, but it was sore, so sore literally and figuratively, that tears immediately fell from it.

Xiao Zhan was taken aback by the sight, spontaneously leaning over to caress Yi Bo's face and tears, mindfully shaking his shoulder, asking what is wrong. Never in his entire life did he imagine seeing a strong person like him shed a tear. It made him cringe. His pain and sadness were contagious.

When Yi Bo clearly saw Zhan's anxious gaze, and as he felt his warmth stroking his face tenderly, his emotions out-poured relentlessly from the depths of his soul. Everything he had been holding inside his chest exploded vehemently and cannot again be suppressed.

He pulled Zhan's waist and cried on his chest. He weeped like a child who had lost his favourite toy.

"It's all gone. I can't go back!"

Xiao Zhan could not understand what Yi Bo had lost, yet he did not ask any questions. He was afraid to put fuel in the fire. Instead, silence and patience were what he had given as he patted the other's head with sympathy.

In between Yi Bo's sobs, he was able to mutter his anguish. It was the moment to break the secrecy.

He had related that his accident was a planned collision by the opposing team. That though they have evidence and have pressed charges, all efforts were in vain as the offender, Cao Yu Chen, is the heir to the weathiest business tycoon in China. The case they filed was easily dismissed, deluded by authority and power. Yu Chen even won the motorrace championship letting him advance in the professional level.

"It is so unfair!" Yi Bo let out his anger then continued with self-pity, "It should have been me who've won that race. It should have been me!"

Zhan wished he could lessen his pain, but all he was able to do was hug him back and let him vent out all his anger and frustrations. He knows no words would be able to console the current Yi Bo, a man robbed off his dreams.

"My technical manager came today." Yi Bo added after a pause, another stream of tears running down his cheeks. "He said my sponsors have withdrawn their support. They've chosen someone else to backup. Even the company has turned it's back on me! They've allocated my manager to handle another racer! I am left with nothing! All of my hardwork...all of those years' efforts...it's all gone! I am back to zero!"

A bitter chuckle left Yi Bo's throat, "But can I blame them? I don't even know when I am gonna recover. I don't even know if I can race again! What am I gonna do now?"

The last question was a plea of help. A question even Xiao Zhan cannot answer. He wish he can do something for him. He desperately wish he can vanquish all those heartaches for him. But can he do anything? Can he change anything to make things better?

Xiao Zhan doesn't know the answers as well. All he knows is that he can't leave him be.

-----------
Author's note:

What do you think of this chapter? Comment below 👇 And don't forget to vote!

I have thought this chapter through, but I don't know how else I can make this chapter heart-felt---WYB's broken dreams that is! This is a bit frustrating. I did not like the outcome 😫

Funfact: Whenever someone saves a story in wattpad to their Reading List, it notifies the author as well! And guess whaaaat? Some people saved this story under YAOI! Ehem. I am so sorry guys, but this story ISN'T and WON'T be a YAOI 😂 I am not born to write something explicit like that! 😂😂😂 This is BJYX bromance, but no rated-PG stuffs.

20-to-21/Jan/2020