21: The Seeker - two (Confession)

Author's note: This is a very long chapter! I hope you don't get bored 🙈

To diffentiate between past and present, I will use Italics for the past.

And when the video narration starts, please imagine Zhan was holding the camera, so he really isn't seen in the recordings (unless specified).

----------

Deep emotions stirred within Xiao Zhan, sending shivers all over his body, allowing him to remember the day he confessed to Yi Bo.

It was spring, the flowers are in full bloom. The weather, between warm and cold. Zhan had already realized after spending almost everyday in the past 4 years with Yi Bo, that he sees him more than a best friend and more intimate than a brother.

He now sees Yi Bo in a romantic way, his soulmate, his fated other-half.

His guts telling him, Yi Bo feels the same, but he still might not have realized it.

Which friend will put an effort to wait for him to finish class everyday? And who will follow someone to the same University just to be with him? Which type of friend would make an effort to eat 3 meals a day with him? Which friend will ask him to go out every weekend and spend the whole day with him, as if he is the only person which matters in this world?

With these, Zhan is sure, it is not just a normal friend.

And since he is the older one: 21 and the latter 19, he will be the first to confess. If he gets rejected, he can just pretend to laugh and say it was only a prank. He made up his mind, as easy as that.

So, when Yi Bo again patiently waited for him outside his class that certain spring day, he pulled and brought him to the art room where barely someone comes. He played a short video presentation, which he had skillfully edited for several weeks, giving it his all.

It consists of memories they've shared: the laughters, the sunny and rainy days, the normal days, their moments, their unspeakable affection, their friendship turned to an Unintended Love.

The video started the first day they met, a beautiful blue Hyacinth is in focus, then suddenly a voice made Zhan's hand shake in surprise, "Hey! Gege, can you spare me your attention?"

The camera spun around and captured a 15 year old Wang Yi Bo in his PE uniform, his brown hair in a wild array, his skin so even and fair, his features handsome yet cute, while his pair of light brown eyes glared at Xiao Zhan.

The camera shook again, this time, because Zhan can't suppress his laugh, "Okay, little kid, this Gege has now given you his full attention."

The young Yi Bo changed his expression to an angered one, his brows tangled quite remarkably. "Don't call me that! I am not a kid! And I am not little!"

Zhan can't help but glance at the current Yi Bo. He saw his mouth gaping open, watching their first encounter. His nape and ears turning red like a beaten meat.

Feeling the stare, he snapped back at Xiao Zhan, demanding, "Don't laugh!" which was the exact same line he said back then.

"Okay. Okay, I won't." Zhan agreed smiling awkwardly as he wished the video to finish quickly.

'It's just the start.'

"Call me Zhan-ge!" Zhan's voice echoed from the speakers which made both their head turn back to the screen.

He was running after Yi Bo in the hallway, shouting as he goes, "Call me Zhan-ge! I'm your Gege, am I not?"

Yi Bo ran as fast as he can until he entered Zhan's class art room, sitting on Zhan's empty chair, burying his head on Zhan's table.