Chapter 3

"You are so gonna blast from just eating one day," Sam laughed at Andy who scowled at him in return like a baby.

"Whatever. You guys already fed yourselves at Macdonald's but we didn't so I am going to check out some place to eat something now," Mia stood up, smoothing her skinny jeans.

"Roger that. I'm starving," I nodded at the alluring idea. I wasn't even made aware we had a plane to catch before or else I would have already grabbed something earlier. "How much time do we have till the take off Vance?" I questioned, snapping my head in his direction.

"We have fifty two minutes andd three seconds," he replied while looking down at his watch with concern. His most prized possession.

"Alright where to go then?" Andy jumped up from his chair, his expression twisting into that of impatience as he watched each of us for signal. You'd expect someone like him to be full after a Macdonald's visit but heck no, this boy just had to still look the hungriest.

"Um. What about subway?" Sam suggested thoughtfully.

"Nah. I wanna go to Starbucks," Mia whined at him in refusal.

"Well, I am full but I'm in for a good shake!" Aaron agreed hastily with her and she smiled in response at him.

I narrowed my eyes at his figure playfully, picking up more from his casual sentence than he would have preferred me to. Andy and Nathan exchanged a small glance with me while I attempted not to smile knowingly.

He's had a crush on her since seventh grade and it's not really a secret like mine because all of us have been aware of it since more than a year now. Yes, even Mia. But for a long time, she never gave him a real answer as to not hurt his feelings because she didn't feel the same way.

How did she come to know about this? The way he used to keep staring at her and compliment her more than he did anyone else. The way he used to smile when she used talk to him. It was quite obvious really. Even, I had my suspicions too.

His feelings were confirmed when he made the worst decision of his life to spill it to the the boys. They couldn't keep it to themselves and started teasing her a lot...and she slowly picked it up. She gave him a lot of hints that she didn't see him like that though but his hopes just never seemed to die.

He knew that she knew but he didn't do anything about it until he finally grew the balls and decided to ask her for a proper answer one fine day. She'd hesitated but told him that she didn't feel the same way towards him as politely as she could.

What could she have done? He being stupid asked her in front of all of us. He just had to let himself get humiliated in front of everyone. Aaron was very embarrassed and upset about it for months and even refused to talk to her for a long time.

Yeah, it was pretty messed up.

But that phase is over now and he tries to pretend like he's over her ever since but we all know better.

"Okay let's divide and go wherever we wanna go. No problems," I suggested hopelessly to the group and Aaron started to walk in the opposite direction along with her.

"Wait up. I am coming too!" Vance ran towards them and he turned back to give him an annoyed look.

"C'mon Giselle. Let's go to Subway then," Sam looked sideways at me before I gave him a nod.

                               ***

"So what do you wanna have??" He asked me, casually tapping his nails on the shelf while his hungry eyes observed the menu, apprehensively.