Chapter 38

I stepped inside the shack, eyeing its interior observantly. My stomach had been grumbling with hunger for the past few minutes considering that it was almost evening now. But I wasn't the only one because one by one, everyone else stepped inside after me too.

"You could have reminded everyone for lunch sooner. I almost forgot about it," Andy stated as I took a seat at the biggest table I could see.

"Of course you did," I felt my lips curl into a small smirk. "Playing the photographer for that many girls is kind of distracting."

He smirked back at my statement and sat down beside me.

"And that too, all of them in bikinis. Like, come on..missing out on that would be a sin," Nathan teased, giving Andy an amused look. "Food can wait," he added.

"Food? Who the fuck even cares about that when you're getting a free show?" Ivan let out a snort, his mischievous eyes on Andy as his hand fiddled with a fork. "Cut the guy some slack man. Its Bubbles' mom we're talking about after all."

Nathan and I broke out into a fit of laughter as Ivan tried to hold back his.

"Y'all are just jealous because none of them even spared you a single glance. Fuck off," Andy huffed angrily at them.

I turned my head to look at Mia who suddenly came inside, drying the wet strands of her hair with a towel and hopped on the seat in the corner like usual.

"Wait do you hear that?" Ivan abruptly furrowed his eyebrows in concentration at some inaudible sound and put a hand to his ear to listen carefully.

Nathan and Andy exchanged a confused look before looking around us in order to try to hear whatever Ivan was talking about.

"What is it?" Andy voiced everyone's thoughts in curiousity.

"Bubbles is crying outside," Ivan widened his eyes in disbelief. "Oh no you forgot to bring her here to feed her? What kind of a mother does-" he covered his mouth with a hand in shock making Nathan close his eyes in amusement and chuckle.

"You know what? I don't think I'm that hungry," Andy got up from his seat furiously but Ivan pushed his shoulders down in order to make him sit back again.

"I was just kidding bro. Don't be mad," he chuckled goofily as Andy glared back at him.

A sudden whistle made us turn our heads towards its source. Vance was walking towards our table, watching the shack admirably.

It was a pretty small place but was adorned authentically with colourful and contrasting lanterns hanging above the tables from the wooden ceiling and old paintings of Los Angeles projecting all around the walls.

"We found a nice place to crash this time. Having a shack this near is dope," Aaron stated, following after him before waving a hand to call the waiter.

The waiter strutted towards him quickly and smiled brightly at all of us.

After he noted down everyone's order on his notepad, he disappeared into what seemed like the kitchen. There weren't as many people in here as you'd expect in this kind of place. Only a family of four, two of them being little kids and a couple who were hogging down their meal quietly were sitting a few tables away.

"There they are!" Abigail shouted, entering inside. A royal blue raperrone was tied on her waist delicately over the sunflower patterned bikini she was wearing.

Samuel looked at all of us and shook his head as if he should have known we'd be here. Abigail skipped towards our table and jumped on the seat diagonal to mine, leaving the last empty one for the one and only.