Chapter 35

I was so lost in my thoughts that before I even realized, Mia and I were swiftly stepping out of the elevator and walking towards the reception's cream couch which had practically become our favourite spot ever since we've come here.

My gaze travelled towards everyone who stood there. Aaron was there now too, standing beside Ivan who was giving me an extremely sad and helpless look. Worry was etched on Vance's features too as he hesitantly made a brief eye contact with me.

They both clearly had guessed of what would have happened outside that made me run inside like that because they were the ones who at least knew about Abigail.

I remember how I told Ivan that day on the cruise that he needn't worry about us because Sam had broken up with her.

I feel so stupid that I assumed it now.

Stacie on the other hand looked confused as she stood there awkwardly amongst them. She didn't know anything about the Samuel already being in a relationship part so it was obvious for her to feel like this.

I shook my thoughts away and composed my expression, making a perfect poker face as I hunched my shoulders back to look confident when my cold eyes finally met those of Samuel's.

It felt strange to look at him now after all of it because of how upset I was with him. He looked wide eyed at me for a split second when he saw me walking towards him before quickly looking away from my strong gaze.

I couldn't look weak in front of him. No. I wouldn't give him the chance to see how much this had affected me. At least, until she's standing beside him.

"Hey. Abigail, right?" Mia spoke up from beside me, smiling the fakest smile she could muster at her and Abigail smiled back at her in response.

Everyone suddenly went silent and started looking between us as if they could feel the tension, almost see that something was wrong.

Abigail was clinging to Samuel as if he were her life support. Her arm was draped over his waist possessively making him look a bit awkward as he stood along with her. As if he wants to be anywhere but here. His long arm which was hanging over her shoulder casually said otherwise though.

"Hi. It's very nice to finally meet you, Giselle," Abigail's high pitched voice greeted Mia. When she stretched out her hand towards her, I laughed.

Abigail raised an eyebrow at me probably wondering what was funny. "It's a surprise that Sam didn't tell you who Giselle is," Mia murmured, amused.

Samuel forced a small smile at Mia as if warning her about something internally and Abigail furrowed her eyebrows at her tone but still kept the smile on her face.

"I'm Giselle. You got the wrong person," I told her and watched her as she eyed me up and down in that typical judgy way before shooting me a wide smile too.

"Oh," she chuckled. "I'm so sorry. Wonderful to meet you too," she stretched out a hand and I shook it, matching her sweet smile in return.

Little did she know that I was debating whether to break her hand internally.

"Yeah. Wonderful," I lied and then looked up at Sam who was watching both of his petty girlfriends meet for the first time with a strange look on his face.

Well, turned out I was his girlfriend only in my own mind but still.

"You're probably Mia then," Abigail looked at her and she nodded, observing her back intently. "I've heard a lot about you both," she grinned at us.

"Oh have you really?" I raised an eyebrow at her, still fake smiling. I wonder how fucking much about me though.

"Yeah! Sam talks about all of you all the time," Abigail laughed dodging my cryptic question with ease and waved an innocent hand at us.